Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The only thing I would say has jumped out at me athletically is his acceleration.  He looks to have a good burst.

Other than that, there is the collegiate production at a big time program.

And that's about it...on paper.

I still like the kid and think he has a chance to be good with us.  

Kid plays slow.  He hasn't flashed at all.  Just not seeing it.  No wiggle and no game speed.  I hope he turns it on but man he looks like his feet are stuck in mud.  Hoped he would at least be a decent returner for us.  That went up in flames.  He deserves criticism.  He better step it up or he won't be on the team next year. He's one of my biggest disappointments this year.  Understand he's just a rook but he's had opportunities and has done nothing with them.

Edited by Scoremore

1 hour ago, Norm said:

su7cf0hsml281.jpg

I’ve had plenty to grumble about with Favre, starting with his int records and, although I try not to get caught up in the off the field stuff, he has not shown himself to be a good person.

That iron man record is the truth, though. The guy played through everything, probably to a fault. And yes, he was popping viks like tic-tac-toe early in, but came clean and publicly admitted he needed help. 

Peter Bukowski -   Packers being home dogs to the Rams. I can’t get over it. LA hasn’t looked good in a month. Meanwhile the Packers had lost one Aaron Rodgers game since early September and the money somehow rushes in on Big Game Matt Stafford.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Kid plays slow.  He hasn't flashed at all.  Just not seeing it.  No wiggle and no game speed.  I hope he turns it on but man he looks like his feet are stuck in mud.  Hoped he would at least be a decent returner for us.  That went up in flames.  He deserves criticism.  He better step it up or he won't be on the team next year. He's one of my biggest disappointments this year.  Understand he's just a rook but he's had opportunities and has done nothing with them.

That bolded phrases is LOL worthy.  You don't give up on a third round pick so quickly.  Especially when he is one of what, two or three WR's who actually have contracts when the season is up?

Again, you gotta stop expecting WR's to produce right away.  Sure there are some guys on some teams that come in and produce on day one.  But that hasn't happened in GB.

Remember when everyone wanted Adams gone in year two or three?

It takes time.  R-E-L-A-X

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

That bolded phrases is LOL worthy.  You don't give up on a third round pick so quickly.  Especially when he is one of what, two or three WR's who actually have contracts when the season is up?

Again, you gotta stop expecting WR's to produce right away.  Sure there are some guys on some teams that come in and produce on day one.  But that hasn't happened in GB.

Remember when everyone wanted Adams gone in year two or three?

It takes time.  R-E-L-A-X

Nah I was behind Adams when everyone wanted to axe him.  He flashed and showed talent.  This kid has shown nothing.  The only reason he would make the squad next year is because we don't have anyone else.  Get he's a rook and no don't expect a lot for a year 1 WR.  Usually takes a few years to come on for those guys.  However they should at least be able to contribute in year 1.  Special teams at a minimum.  He needs a fire lit under his butt.  If there is talent there I have yet to see it.

Paul Bretl -   In a much larger role this season, we are seeing AJ Dillon leave his mark on the passing game.

• 261 receiving yards (16th among RBs per PFF)
• 9.7 YPC (T9)
• T8 in YAC average
• 7th in yards per route run
• 4th on team in receptions

///

That last one is kind of amazing IMO.

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   Packers being home dogs to the Rams. I can’t get over it. LA hasn’t looked good in a month. Meanwhile the Packers had lost one Aaron Rodgers game since early September and the money somehow rushes in on Big Game Matt Stafford.

Without so many injuries on the team, I totally understand him. But with the guys out and the guys dinged, I honestly thought it would have swung more to LAR

48 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Nah I was behind Adams when everyone wanted to axe him.  He flashed and showed talent.  This kid has shown nothing.  The only reason he would make the squad next year is because we don't have anyone else.  Get he's a rook and no don't expect a lot for a year 1 WR.  Usually takes a few years to come on for those guys.  However they should at least be able to contribute in year 1.  Special teams at a minimum.  He needs a fire lit under his butt.  If there is talent there I have yet to see it.

I don't think the kid is a loafer .. just a guy who stepped into a league where everyone is much more athletic.  He's been known as a hard worker, so I would suspect that he will put in a lot of work this offseason to improve his game.  

43 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I was hoping to see DeGuara take a big step but that hasn't really materialized either. Still time for him too though.

I feel like he's coming around a bit.  Rodgers has talked him up a bit of late, and seems to be gaining confidence in him.  Rodgers said that Deguara doesn't have the route running talent yet of most tight ends, but that he's continually learning.  He's kind of learning a new role after being more of a Hback type.