Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

No one is going to give us a late first for Love. Late second would probably be the best case scenario.

Mmm, trade value isn’t what you’re getting now, it’s what you’re possibly getting in the future.

Remember when Clinton-Dix got traded for a 4th round pick in a contract year when he was stinking? The Commanders spent a 4th round pick on a safety interview.

He’s a first round QB prospect who sat behind Rodgers for two years and was coached by LaFleur.

Love has value. You’re right to think that it’s likely a high second round pick, but there are a handful of teams out there who would probably do that. Teams who are used to winning and impatient… Depending on how the draft goes, I could see Love getting us anywhere from 9th overall in the first round to 33rd overall.

Getting Love is basically like getting a rookie with an NFL preview. Teams could sell the move to their fan base.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Mmm, trade value isn’t what you’re getting now, it’s what you’re possibly getting in the future.

Remember when Clinton-Dix got traded for a 4th round pick in a contract year when he was stinking? The Commanders spent a 4th round pick on a safety interview.

He’s a first round QB prospect who sat behind Rodgers for two years and was coached by LaFleur.

Love has value. You’re right to think that it’s likely a high second round pick, but there are a handful of teams out there who would probably do that. Teams who are used to winning and impatient… Depending on how the draft goes, I could see Love getting us anywhere from 9th overall in the first round to 33rd overall.

Getting Love is basically like getting a rookie with an NFL preview. Teams could sell the move to their fan base.

You are right, except for one thing, he's basically a rookie with an NFL preview and only two cheap years instead of for. If anyone could see the value on that in this forum it should be you.

Tom Silverstein -  Packers coach Matt LaFleur has been in talks with Las Vegas Raiders special teams coach / interim coach Rich Bisaccia.....Packers will have to pay a lot to get him and they may be willing to do it.

• Ross Uglem -  What is money? Have another stock sale. Literally directly ask fans for the money for a new special teams coach and they will give it to you.
  • Peter Bukowski -  Raise prices at the sledding hill.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

🙄

Denver at 9 would likely get Jimmy G for a second or third before giving us a 1st for Love. 

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -  Packers coach Matt LaFleur has been in talks with Las Vegas Raiders special teams coach / interim coach Rich Bisaccia.....Packers will have to pay a lot to get him and they may be willing to do it.

• Ross Uglem -  What is money? Have another stock sale. Literally directly ask fans for the money for a new special teams coach and they will give it to you.
  • Peter Bukowski -  Raise prices at the sledding hill.

The stock sale thing is hilarious because it's true. The fans would literally pay for it if allowed.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

🙄

Denver at 9 would likely get Jimmy G for a second or third before giving us a 1st for Love. 

Like I said, probably.

At the same time, what I’m saying is I wouldn’t be surprised if Love received more in a trade than any of us expect he would

I want to be clear here and say I never said I would expect to get higher than 24th overall. I’m saying I wouldn’t be surprised if we did.

So I don’t get the eye rolling and the hostility here from everyone.

I think if everyone read (slowly) what I’ve said on this issue…

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Green Bay Packers -   "It takes time to get over a loss like that, but, in the NFL, nobody feels sorry for you, & we have a lot of work to do to get ready for next year."

“Matt, Brian, executive vice president/director of football operations Russ Ball and I are all in agreement that we want Aaron to come back.”

Mark Murphy

Murphy ... we all want Rodgers back until someone makes us an offer we can't refuse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  John Dunn named new tight ends coach.

Meh. An Adam Gase hire and oversaw an extremely mediocre TE group when he was TE coach with the Jets. Much of that offensive staff has already faded away to obscurity.

After Gase was fired Dunn ended up starting at the bottom again as a Senior Analyst with the Packers. I'm a little surprised LaFleur chose him to be our TE coach after less than a year.

He was offensive coordinator with UCONN....went 1-11. Yikes.

Edited by Chili

48 minutes ago, Chili said:

Meh. An Adam Gase hire and oversaw an extremely mediocre TE group when he was TE coach with the Jets. Much of that offensive staff has already faded away to obscurity.

After Gase was fired Dunn ended up starting at the bottom again as a Senior Analyst with the Packers. I'm a little surprised LaFleur chose him to be our TE coach after less than a year.

A TE coach doesn't pick the TEs he gets to work with. I think it speaks volumes that LaFleur picked him so quickly, he's yet to make a bad O coaching hire.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chili said:

Attributing a record for a doormat college program to a coordinator. Yikes.

29 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Attributing a record for a doormat college program to a coordinator. Yikes.

Winning 1 game at UConn is an accomplishment

Found this on Wikipedia:

"They finished the season 1–11, 0–8 in AAC play to finish in last in the East Division. They set the single-season FBS record for most yards and most points allowed in a single season. "

Offensive points didn't seem great but it's UConn. But that obviously didn't help. I think they might have gotten booted to independent now even. Lol. They just need to move down already

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Norm said:

Winning 1 game at UConn is an accomplishment

Found this on Wikipedia:

"They finished the season 1–11, 0–8 in AAC play to finish in last in the East Division. They set the single-season FBS record for most yards and most points allowed in a single season. "

Offensive points didn't seem great but it's UConn. But that obviously didn't help. I think they might have gotten booted to independent now even. Lol. They just need to move down already

You are right, they need to be in the FCS. The Colonial Athletic Association would be a good spot for them with Villanova, Elon, Delaware, teams like that for a chance to be competitive. 

• Like 1