Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

His best legal claim is the one against the Dolphins and Ross for alleged payments to "tank" games. Although, I doubt Ross, even if it was happening, was dumb enough to create any paper trail actually proving it, moreover, I doubt there are any bank receipts, etc. showing that it ever happened (assuming it did at all). 

His claims against the NFL/all 32 teams for unlawful hiring practices seems to be more a "shock and awe" type of claim with no real path to success through the Court system. The BB texts aren't great, but they hardly establish that the Giants committed race discrimination against Flores. In fact, if I'm representing the Giants, I'm actually using the Rooney rule as part of the defense against Flores because the rule is the rule...you are required to interview a minority candidate, even if you already "have your guy." I'm not sure if the Giants had already interviewed other minority candidates before Flores, but they could literally stand up in Court and say, "yes, we interviewed Flores even though we had already decided to offer the job to Daboll....because the NFL's Rooney rule literally required us to conduct that interview before hiring the guy we wanted."

His whole lawsuit is shock and awe that has no chance of going anywhere. He got fired from Miami because they are inept, NY didn't do anything different than plenty of other teams other than they should've done the token interview early with Jim Caldwell like we did and got it out of the way. To drag the guy who got him where he is because he texted the wrong Brian is not a good look either.

The fix to the diversity issue in the NFL is simple, get minorities coaching offense, specifically QBs. Teams aren't hiring defensive guys anymore. 

I hope we hire Ruvell Martin to coach QBs, that'd be the living proof of the program working. We hired this guy for our coaching diversity program two years ago, he learns the job for 2 years, a position in the offensive staff opens up, he gets the job and is now on a fast track if he's good at it.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

His whole lawsuit is shock and awe that has no chance of going anywhere. He got fired from Miami because they are inept, NY didn't do anything different than plenty of other teams other than they should've done the token interview early with Jim Caldwell like we did and got it out of the way. To drag the guy who got him where he is because he texted the wrong Brian is not a good look either.

The fix to the diversity issue in the NFL is simple, get minorities coaching offense, specifically QBs. Teams aren't hiring defensive guys anymore. 

I hope we hire Ruvell Martin to coach QBs, that'd be the living proof of the program working. We hired this guy for our coaching diversity program two years ago, he learns the job for 2 years, a position in the offensive staff opens up, he gets the job and is now on a fast track if he's good at it.

Or we could just get rid of the blatantly racist policy and tell teams to hire whoever they think is the best candidate. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

As long as they have Aaron Rodgers the QBC is just a title.  If Rodgers leaves, would you trust Ruvell with coaching Love?  I would prefer a veteran coach, that's just thoughts.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Kyle Brandt - 

Charles Woodson on GMFB:   "If I’m the Packers, I’m thinking about trading Aaron Rodgers if we can”

Woodson is just hurt that Rodgers now says that Adams is the greatest player he has ever played with and not him

35 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Or we could just get rid of the blatantly racist policy and tell teams to hire whoever they think is the best candidate. 

Oh I agree, but that's not going to happen. I'm living within the confounds of today's world where simply saying what you said can be considered racist so we have to promote diversity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Kyle Brandt - 

Charles Woodson on GMFB:   "If I’m the Packers, I’m thinking about trading Aaron Rodgers if we can”

I agree, if they are going to trade him now is the time.  All it takes is an injury or a bad year and they get nothing, zippo!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Oh I agree, but that's not going to happen. I'm living within the confounds of today's world where simply saying what you said can be considered racist so we have to promote diversity.

And that is why we the people must stop this attack of the 1st Amendment before it is permanently taken away.

That's done by ignoring the sound asleep woke and cancel freedom and liberty crap to start with and in the voting booth to end with.

So have the Pack officially hired a ST's coach or not?  I'm hearing otherwise...that Richy B may sign with San Fran?

4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

And that is why we the people must stop this attack of the 1st Amendment before it is permanently taken away.

That's done by ignoring the sound asleep woke and cancel freedom and liberty crap to start with and in the voting booth to end with.

So have the Pack officially hired a ST's coach or not?  I'm hearing otherwise...that Richy B may sign with San Fran?

First paragraphs are a big no on this forum, cause I really don't want to deal with the backlash.

Last paragraph, all reports are it's a dome deal, haven't seen anything to the contrary.

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

First paragraphs are a big no on this forum, cause I really don't want to deal with the backlash.

Last paragraph, all reports are it's a dome deal, haven't seen anything to the contrary.

My apologies, I certainly wouldn't want to cause a backlash.  Being that there would be one at all is telling...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Kyle Brandt - 

Only if you get a legit QB and picks in return.   As I said 2 weeks ago 90/10 he returns.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1