Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Favre did it because he legitimately didn't know if he wanted to keep playing. Aaron does it because he's a narcissist that needs control. There's nothing remotely comparable to the two. 

Favre lasted to training camp, Aaron's won't last until the end of the franchise tag period.

You're right, they aren't comparable. You should've been pissed off by one, but instead you are at the other. 

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Favre lasted to training camp, Aaron's won't last until the end of the franchise tag period.

You're right, they aren't comparable. You should've been pissed off by one, but instead you are at the other. 

It's funny that you think I wasn't pissed off by Favre lol

I celebrated drafting Aaron lol. I literally still have the ******* original MJS when we did. Why? I'll give you two guesses, but you're only going to need one.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Favre lasted to training camp, Aaron's won't last until the end of the franchise tag period. You're right, they aren't comparable. You should've been pissed off by one, but instead you are at the other. 

The character of the two situations is what differentiates them.

Favre didnt spend *extended* periods trashing the team - or letting others do so (either) on his behalf - or without interceding.

Basically....AR left the team twisting in the wind - which wasnt appreciated by Packer fans.
Favre simply couldnt get the song "Should I stay of should I go?" out of his head.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Favre didnt spend *extended* periods trashing the team - or letting others do so (either) on his behalf - or without interceding.

Basically....AR left the team twisting in the wind - which wasnt appreciated by Packer fans.
Favre simply couldnt get the song "Should I stay of should I go?" out of his head.

Eh time seems to have helped you forgot some of Favre's antics on the way out, plus Favre didn't have Adam Schefter's out there "leaking" his business. He was extremely upset about the lack of playmakers he had in the dwindling years, especially about the botched Randy Moss deal. It was reported he wanted a separate locker room for himself, wanted to be drive to and from practice, etc... He was just as pissed about Aaron being drafted if not more than Aron was about Love. Think entirely his decision to retire and then unretire was to get the franchise to pick him or Aaron and dispose of the other...and it did. Then on the way out the entire fanbase hated Aaron. Favre was no angel, and not much different than we're seeing now, only Aaron is a 2-time MVP, and Favre was deteriorating. 

26 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I have no feelings to it at this point. It's crazy how Favre-like he has become in his older age.

That's what's bothersome, maybe I shouldn't get "pissed" but he shouldn't get off on this either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Favre did it because he legitimately didn't know if he wanted to keep playing. Aaron does it because he's a narcissist that needs control. There's nothing remotely comparable to the two. 

Let's not pretend old Favre wasn't a narcissist though lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Also, Silverstein is reporting the packers have had ZERO contact with Adams agent about an extension since the season ended.  Seems kind of weird if getting Rodgers back was contingent on an Adams deal being done…

Or maybe GB is playing the game and wants to trade Rodgers and are doing all they can to manage the blowback from the public in the event they do… makes you think.

I always think this ZERO contact stuff like this is nonsense

Just now, Norm said:

Let's not pretend old Favre wasn't a narcissist though lol

Oh he's a massive narcissist as well. He just went about it behind closed doors and drug the team on. Aaron goes about it the opposite way and drags the media, and by proxy, his fans on. It's like one's a pot head and the other needs his bump to get his day going.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh time seems to have helped you forgot some of Favre's antics on the way out, plus Favre didn't have Adam Schefter's out there "leaking" his business. He was extremely upset about the lack of playmakers he had in the dwindling years, especially about the botched Randy Moss deal. It was reported he wanted a separate locker room for himself, wanted to be drive to and from practice, etc... He was just as pissed about Aaron being drafted if not more than Aron was about Love. Think entirely his decision to retire and then unretire was to get the franchise to pick him or Aaron and dispose of the other...and it did. Then on the way out the entire fanbase hated Aaron. Favre was no angel, and not much different than we're seeing now, only Aaron is a 2-time MVP, and Favre was deteriorating. 

Actually I've not forgotten - either conveniently or otherwise.

Favre certainly became more of a Diva as time wore on. No doubt...but as BK mentioned a short while ago, he voiced his concerns (other than retiring....not retiring....retiring....not retiring....) in a relatively quite way. It wasnt as upsetting to the entire team and the team didnt become an OBSESSION of the national media - much like AR let happen.

AR waited till his "I'm back" presser - or perhaps even after - before he put the kabosh on all the media crap that was circulating for months.

Sorry - but that's on AR in my view. It was unnecessary and counterproductive.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

What Favre did in the media in attacking Thompson was far worse than anything Rodgers did.

• Like 4

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

What Favre did in the media in attacking Thompson was far worse than anything Rodgers did.

As I just mentioned....Favre may have had issues with this decision and that....fine. A player taking umbrage with something or other about the team's handling of this or that happens all the time - but he never took his grievances on a months long public tour.

36 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm not surprised at all by the delay.

This is purely about Adams and the tag.  I believe he's coming back but his deal is contingent with Adams tag or Adams deal  

Hes just waiting for the tag or Adams deal to play out.  

Adam Sandler Yes GIF

Maybe Cobb too. :/

Although he was just blastin off on DMT with Rogan for 12 days during his cleanse. 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

As I just mentioned....Favre may have had issues with this decision and that....fine. A player taking umbrage with something or other about the team's handling of this or that happens all the time - but he never took his grievances on a months long public tour.

No, he just tried to get Schefter and Mortenson to report that Thompson is gay in the hopes that public pressure would force him to resign.