Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Moving up for Jameson is feasible if we like him. Appears his landing spot is approx pick 13-15. Which aligns perfectly with the value of picks 22 and 59. 

He's probably the guy I want if healthy more than anyone else. But giving up the picks you just got (22 and a 2nd) for a injured player is a bit of a gamble for me.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He's probably the guy I want if healthy more than anyone else. But giving up the picks you just got (22 and a 2nd) for a injured player is a bit of a gamble for me.

Rich would like him, too. He has some nice gunner reps on punt coverage.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's absolutely crazy that some think Williams is the #1 wide receiver in the draft which is reasonable while it's also totally reasonable to think he was the #4 receiver in the room at OSU before he transfered. 

Just now, wgbeethree said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's absolutely crazy that some think Williams is the #1 wide receiver in the draft which is reasonable while it's also totally reasonable to think he was the #4 receiver in the room at OSU before he transfered. 

Moral of the story: may be bad value to trade up for a WR in this class due to depth or could be great value due to elite talent slipping. I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Moral of the story: may be bad value to trade up for a WR in this class due to depth or could be great value due to elite talent slipping. I have no idea.

Moral of the story: Justin Feilds sucks. ;)

• Like 1

Bruce Irons - Packers FTW -  The Packers beat the Bears in the 2010 NFCCG over a decade ago. Since then, Chicago has scored a grand total of 2 touchdowns in the playoffs. If Bears fans wanna talk about choking, the discussion begins and ends right there.

5 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I don't know if anyone here has said Williams is the #1 WR in this draft.  The consensus seems to be Garrett Wilson is.  Drake London and Chris Olave are not far behind.  We'd have to give up a king's ransom to move up and get Wilson and that ain't happening.  Because of his injury Williams has a chance to drop in this draft so he could be within reach.  We all know a GM or 2 early in the draft will surprise us and take some player not on anyone's radar so you never know.

5 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I’m struggling with that first sentence you find it both crazy and reasonable? lol

33 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't know if anyone here has said Williams is the #1 WR in this draft.  The consensus seems to be Garrett Wilson is.  Drake London and Chris Olave are not far behind.  We'd have to give up a king's ransom to move up and get Wilson and that ain't happening.  Because of his injury Williams has a chance to drop in this draft so he could be within reach.  We all know a GM or 2 early in the draft will surprise us and take some player not on anyone's radar so you never know.

Not a hill I'd die on, but I feel like without an injury, Williams is the #1 WR in this draft.  Size/speed/quickness.  

So far as him being WR#4 at Ohio State....that's why guys transfer.  To get their opportunity.