Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

38 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well sure for a 6th.  Seriously doubt that's anywhere in the ballpark.  Probably have to give up #59 to get him.  Personally I'd gamble our 3rd rounder but again Giants probably won't entertain that.  He's a risk for sure.  Change a scenery maybe we could get the kid straightened out.  Possible he's just a punk and we wasted a pick.  Talented for sure maybe worth a gamble but don't know the player Gute would have to do some serious due diligence.  Unlike the Packers so doubt it.  Character matters in GB usually shy away from guys like that.  

I think the Giants are just trying to save face for such a terrible pick. The dude will be out of the league very quickly. No team is offering a second or third. Whatever the highest offer is, they'll take it. But it might not be anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Never trade for a teams 1st round pick they're trying to get rid of a year later.

That's why I'd only give up a scratch off late rounder for him.  He's worth that.  Nothing more.  I may go as high as our 4'th round comp pick.  Kid has too much God given talent.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

That's why I'd only give up a scratch off late rounder for him.  He's worth that.  Nothing more.  I may go as high as our 4'th round comp pick.  Kid has too much God given talent.

Id do a 4th easy just not any higher. IMO people vastly overrate the value of draft picks especially the late to mid round picks. I wouldn't give any more then that because like others have said if your trying to trade a 1st round draft pick a year later something is  off there. 

Just now, vegas492 said:

They're selling him because he's a pain in the *** for their locker room. Why would a championship contender want to add him to theirs?

He's 23 years old, he's not changing anytime soon. Southern kid, big into rapping, GB isn't his scene. Use the late round pick to improve the ST rather than add a headache. 

If we're looking to throw picks out there to get a talented kid with YAC ability I'm calling the Jags to buy Shenault, if I'm trying to buy low on a 1st round WR, I'm calling the Pats to buy Harry. Leave Toney to some other team.

• Like 3

Great. Maybe he and his AR-15 can move next door to one of you guys. Or next to your kids school.

"You gone hurt yo own damn feelings tryna hurt mine, idgaf about nothing."

That's his tweet when hearing of the team trying to trade him. Glad you guys aren't the GM

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 2

Tooney reported to voluntary workouts after all so it may be a moot point. I agree with Ray though, if the team is trying to sell him a year after making him a first round pick that is concerning. I know there is a new regime in NY but their WR room isn’t exactly gang busters. I wouldn’t do anything higher that a 4th in return.

Edited by Haha21
Error

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Never trade for a teams 1st round pick they're trying to get rid of a year later.

Still can't get over Ron Wolf making the mistake of trading for 'southern kid" Brett Favre and former pick 33  after 1 year it Atlanta.

Edited by Arthur Penske