Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Wasn't that awful mod the one who used Sheldon Cooper as his avatar?  And then tried to sound like he was some kind of physics expert IRL?

You're referring to Mark.....and yes, he had his run-ins with multiple posters (to the degree that he was hardly ever around). He also is very intelligent and a physics / astrophysics expert.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not sure.  But I'll bet some guy named Terranimal, or something like that will vouch for her!

My, my, what a memory trip those names are....

Wasn't that awful mod the one who used Sheldon Cooper as his avatar?  And then tried to sound like he was some kind of physics expert IRL?

I was never a regular there .. not even sure I ever posted there.  I would check in from time to time though, and I remember some of the lore of that place.  Seems like the Mod's name was Todd or Steven or something?  Can't remember.  My message board before FF was X4.  That was an odd group as well.

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think @R T came from Packerchatters.

You can't blame him for being overly sensitive.  Probably is having a few flashbacks here and there.  I know I did when I got away from that place.  Thankfully bourbon is a nice memory eraser.  Like, I know they had the worst mod ever, but I can't remember his name now.  Thank you, bourbon.  Sincerely, Vegas492.

That place was rough. The cliques were crazy and if you weren't in, vicious to even average opinions.. My old man used to be there and ***** about it years and years ago lol though he can be a little over the top on ****

47 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think @R T came from Packerchatters.

You can't blame him for being overly sensitive.  Probably is having a few flashbacks here and there.  I know I did when I got away from that place.  Thankfully bourbon is a nice memory eraser.  Like, I know they had the worst mod ever, but I can't remember his name now.  Thank you, bourbon.  Sincerely, Vegas492.

Thrillhouse? ;) jk I liked Thrill. 

Wasn't he a mod?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

You're referring to Mark.....and yes, he had his run-ins with multiple posters (to the degree that he was hardly ever around). He also is very intelligent and a physics / astrophysics expert.

I liked Mark; others dislike for him might explain why I'm a bit of an outcast here. 😄 

40 minutes ago, R T said:

I liked Mark; others dislike for him might explain why I'm a bit of an outcast here. 😄 

We are a motly bunch over here.  You fit in just fine.

Just remember to make jokes about Cwood's basement and Norm's Mom and you will be just fine.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, R T said:

I considered Mark a personal friend. He holds the record as being the only poster or member of the old CNN boards (which was the origin group for what became PC) that I've actually met. He stopped at my house on one of his many motorcycle journeys and we communicated frequently on matters (life) outside football.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We are a motly bunch over here.  You fit in just fine.

Just remember to make jokes about Cwood's basement and Norm's Mom and you will be just fine.

Didn't even have the respect though to tag me...

Ignormed

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

I considered Mark a personal friend. He holds the record as being the only poster or member of the old CNN boards (which was the origin group for what became PC) that I've actually met. He stopped at my house on one of his many motorcycle journeys and we communicated frequently on matters (life) outside football.

I don't know if it's true or not, but a poster told me he's married to Phil Bengtson's daughter.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

That place was rough. The cliques were crazy and if you weren't in, vicious to even average opinions.. My old man used to be there and ***** about it years and years ago lol though he can be a little over the top on ****

Yep I came from packer chatters it was Interesting