Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Same. It got super political and then the owner cried in his coffee and threatened to shut it down every other day.

That place was super weird. The boomer was STRONG on that board.

You had like five guys who were always right no matter how empirically wrong they were (and all agreed on everything) and then there was a large part of the board that was let's say even farther right than that. Some of the underlying "things" on that board had me going back out of, more frequently than I'd like to admit, morbid curiosity wondering if it was going to the day someone said, "You know what. I'm just gonna say it......"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

You had like five guys who were always right no matter how empirically wrong they were (and all agreed on everything) and then there was a large part of the board that was let's say even farther right than that. Some of the underlying "things" on that board had me going back out of, more frequently than I'd like to admit, morbid curiosity wondering if it was going to the day someone said, "You know what. I'm just gonna say it......"

Lolol this is exactly how I remember it. I was much younger when I toyed around on there though and they absolutely were not for my sense of humor obviously. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I said "it".  And was perma banned!  Badge I wear with honor.  To be fair, someone reached out to me afterwards and apologized and asked if I would return, can't remember if it was the owner or a mod.

Either way, life is better in @CWood21 's  basement with @Norm 's mom's meatloaf.  Even if @Packerraymond 's kid is going to be crying in the future.  

• Like 2

Zach Kruse -  Packers have SO much invested on defense.

First-round picks: Quay Walker, Devonte Wyatt, Eric Stokes, Jaire Alexander, Rashan Gary, Darnell Savage, Kenny Clark Top free agents: Preston Smith, Adrian Amos
Re-signed vets: De'Vondre Campbell, Rasul Douglas

///

Not included:  King

J.J. Lahey Packers Talk -  Matt LaFleur says his coaching staff this offseason went back and made new cut-ups of film from their first three years as a team. Intends to get back to some of the things they've gotten away from that were important to them previously. Mentions 2019 as an example.

Peter Bukowski -   Matt LaFleur says Christian Watson is one of the smartest prospects they met with. If you are banking on him contributing this year, he has to get up to speed quickly.

• Jake Morley -  Darius Shepherd hung around in the NFL because of his intelligence. You cant be a dumb and play WR in NDSU’s offense. What Shep lacked was an NFL athletic profile. Watson…does not.

I made a $500 bet with another poster after the Tae trade that we'd be better than a certain team and the loser has to buy the other person's playoff tickets. I look forward to being in Lambeau next January for free. 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I made a $500 bet with another poster after the Tae trade that we'd be better than a certain team and the loser has to buy the other person's playoff tickets. I look forward to being in Lambeau next January for free. 🤣

You wanna divulge the other team?