Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 5/10/2022 at 8:47 AM, R T said:

Trading Amari Rodgers would just mean Packer fans would need to come up with the next player to hate on over nothing. Maybe everyone could submit their choice on who is the next man up on the hate list. You know, like how people rank their children in a love-like-hate order.

Malik Taylor.  May I never see him trot a kickoff out of the endzone ever again.  That's #1 for me.

Kevin King is #2.  Get it?  #2?  :)  Seriously, though, I'm mad because injuries took away everything special about a really good kid.

Rodgers is #3.  He's completely spoiled me.  I've come to expect greatness on every play and every game.  So when he misses one or two, I get mad.  I don't care about the contract at all.  I've just come to expect him to make every single play and throw every single time.  Guess I feel like he's good enough with the brain, feet and arm to do that all the time.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Field Yates  -   Waiver claims today: The Packers claimed TE Eli Wolf

• Paul Bretl -  To make room for Wolf, the Packers cut WR Chris Blair

Wow Blair this early is a shock

Edited by Sandy

11 hours ago, Leader said:

Field Yates  -   Waiver claims today: The Packers claimed TE Eli Wolf

• Paul Bretl -  To make room for Wolf, the Packers cut WR Chris Blair

That's a bit of a surprise. The bottom of the WR depth chart is full of players with little to no college production. Davis, Winfree and Gafford.

Would've thought a kicker would've been cut instead.

There's been a bit of FA WR activity yesterday. Sharpe, Pettis to the Bears and Cole to the Raiders. Cole is a sneaky good signing for the Raiders. We might be finally starting to see movement in the WR market now if the Packers have any interest in making another WR addition.

Wolf btw has zero receiving chops so I suspect he is a blocking TE only even though he's a bit undersized.