Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I roll a dice. It comes up 6.

Was it likely that that was going to happen? 

One in 6 odds.

When I google how many nfl mvp's have there been?  57 undisputed winners according to google.

So, 57 dice are rolled, not one 6 came up.  Should have been 9 or 10 if we are using your example.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

One in 6 odds.

When I google how many nfl mvp's have there been?  57 undisputed winners according to google.

So, 57 dice are rolled, not one 6 came up.  Should have been 9 or 10 if we are using your example.

According to logic in this thread, if something happened, it was always likely to happen.

Hindsight is 50/50.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It is my belief that there is none of this talk if GB wins 11 games and gets into the playoffs this year.

I disagree. There were plenty of people advocating for a trade rather than giving him the deal that they did, long before the season even happened.

there was even a poll on it

30 voters for trading, 12 for keeping him at $50m AAV

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

I disagree. There were plenty of people advocating for a trade rather than giving him the deal that they did, long before the season even happened.

there was even a poll on it

30 voters for trading, 12 for keeping him at $50m AAV

The key line is "rather than giving him the deal they did"  .  Spot on.  Most had no problem with him coming back, but the deal was outrageously stupid.  I myself thought it was time in the circumstances to move him for a truck load of treasure, at his age and with his attitude.  What Rodg got was overpaid and way too much power.   Terrible decision.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 4:08 PM, 15412 said:

The key line is "rather than giving him the deal they did"  .  Spot on.  Most had no problem with him coming back, but the deal was outrageously stupid.  I myself thought it was time in the circumstances to move him for a truck load of treasure, at his age and with his attitude.  What Rodg got was overpaid and way too much power.   Terrible decision.

It's so funny that AR12 said "it's not about the money" just a couple of weeks before they made him the highest paid player in NFL history (again) at the age of 38. 

I was 50/50 on him coming back without the extension, after he threw his public fit. The extension was the dumbest thing we could have done. 

Packers fans like to say that both Ted Thompson and Brian Gutekunst let their "egos" drive their decision-making, which I think is nonsense, except that giving AR12 that extension (for what seemed like mostly a PR face-saving move by the org) is the one time I would agree. They put their own PR before the good of the team on that one. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, pgwingman said:

If you want to stay elected you better start following what your constituents are saying

i don't know -- I think the key today is to just make some **** up, ignore facts and try to be the loudest in the room.

I believe Vegas can look forward to many elections in his future

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Isherwood said:

It's so funny that AR12 said "it's not about the money" just a couple of weeks before they made him the highest paid player in NFL history (again) at the age of 38. 

I was 50/50 on him coming back without the extension, after he threw his public fit. The extension was the dumbest thing we could have done. 

Packers fans like to say that both Ted Thompson and Brian Gutekunst let their "egos" drive their decision-making, which I think is nonsense, except that giving AR12 that extension (for what seemed like mostly a PR face-saving move by the org) is the one time I would agree. They put their own PR before the good of the team on that one. 

I don't blame AR for taking that deal.  He'd be a damn fool not to.  And I didn't mind giving him an extension after back to back MVPs.  But at that price?  Gute was a fool and handcuffed the franchise.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I don't blame AR for taking that deal.  He'd be a damn fool not to.  And I didn't mind giving him an extension after back to back MVPs.  But at that price?  Gute was a fool and handcuffed the franchise.

I doubt Gute wanted to hand out that deal to #12 .. that's a Russ Ball and Mark Murphy production.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

i don't know -- I think the key today is to just make some **** up, ignore facts and try to be the loudest in the room.

I believe Vegas can look forward to many elections in his future

Or stay in your basement and eat ice cream.