Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I loved Z when he was here but sure looks like Gutey made the right decision

I dont know what thats all about (if it's anything more than must money...) but if we could afford him, I'd love to have his presence back on our D.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know what thats all about (if it's anything more than must money...) but if we could afford him, I'd love to have his presence back on our D.

Man I thought Z was saying goodbye because he thought he was going to be cut.  Vikes want to bring him back he should shut up and take the money. 

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Man I thought Z was saying goodbye because he thought he was going to be cut.  Vikes want to bring him back he should shut up and take the money. 

Or come back to GB :)

Can you imagine having Quay and Z on the field together?

Edited by Leader

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

He took a 3 year deal in case he blew his back out, but overperformed and stayed healthy. Now is trying to force his way out in year 2. 

After he mischaracterized his back injury during talks with the packers and created a fuss about what he perceived to be lowball offers.  

Edited by HokieHigh

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

Or come back to GB :)

Can you imagine having Quay and Z on the field together?

Haven't we had enough of the 'putting the band back together' with the Packers for a while.    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Jets would be my new favorite team in the AFC assuming they land Rodgers.  I'd honestly be hoping for Rodgers to take them to the SB.  Just because I think his time in GB has run its course, doesn't mean I can't root for him to succeed elsewhere.

Much like Favre, the only reason to root against Rodgers would be to shut up the people who go nuts over every good play the player leaving makes and magnify every poor play the new starter makes. 

2 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Exactly. Love was raw, and got to sit for three years behind a HOF QB who answered questions etc. More importantly he got to watch him. I agree with @vegas492. You saw the faces in the war room when they drafted Love. They were always excited, and knew they had two years to develop him. It ended up being three. Who knows what he will be, but I didn't hate the approach. 

Not going to disagree  , but with that approach , do you think we gave up a SB opportunity ! Instead of a player who maybe could have contributed . who knows maybe that guy could have busted ! 

9 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Not going to disagree  , but with that approach , do you think we gave up a SB opportunity ! Instead of a player who maybe could have contributed . who knows maybe that guy could have busted ! 

Perhaps that line of thought could be followed up in the "2020 Draft Thread" that was started. 

30 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

I think we gave up our Super Bowl opportunity against Tampa at home with stupid back breaking mistakes. That, 2014, and 2003 are always going to haunt me. That being said there were players around that pick that would've added more immediate success. We don't know, nor ever will know what that pick will be though. The bottom line is we are not going to have an answer until we know how Love turns out. If he's good and we continue success I think the narrative changes to being the correct decision by most fans. Everyone has a right to their opinion though.

39 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

No. Not for the one potential impact player we would have, could have drafted.

Who would that have been that could have put us over the top? (don’t say Jefferson, he wasn’t an option)

• Like 1