Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Andrew is kinda contradicting himself, I think.

How can Rodgers hold us hostage if we don't care? He's holding the Jets hostage, sure. But it's not really impacting us at all.

I don’t feel GB is being held hostage… they typically sit out the “funny money” time of FA annually.

So it doesn’t feel, to me, like there is anything Rodgers is keeping Gb from having.

Now the Jets on the other hand…

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How can Rodgers hold us hostage if we don't care? He's holding the Jets hostage, sure. But it's not really impacting us at all.

I think that's what he means, like "Why do people think he is holding GB hostage?"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I think that's what he means, like "Why do people think he is holding GB hostage?"

Ah that makes sense. Knew Andrew wouldn't let me down. Just my reading comprehension.

*Edit - although "How" would have been better than "Why" in his case ;)

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If he's with us don't we have to pay that stupid option bonus in May or whatever?

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

my reading of the tweet is he is pushing against the narrative that Rodgers is holding GB hostage.  Change the first line of the tweet to "Rodgers is not in any way holding GB hostage" and it makes more sense

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

That 2024 guarantee would never happen whether he goes or stays.  That deal will be re-structured, it had to be in any event.  Not a factor and Rodg would have had to agree to it early on with any team.  He himself even acknowledged that