Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I mean, yeah, if he's cheap.  Do decent vet backups sign cheap?  I'm under the impression they don't, but I could be very wrong on that.  I'm just hoping we sign a safety and a TE so we don't go into the draft with a glaring need and end up reaching for one.

His last deal was cheap .. probably get a raise this time, but who knows.

Cooper Rush signed a 2 year, $1,955,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including an average annual salary of $977,500.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I agree, but even backups are expensive, unless we can get a vet for next to nothing.

We're fine from a salary cap standpoint. We can even splurge for one big free agent signing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

His last deal was cheap .. probably get a raise this time, but who knows.

Cooper Rush signed a 2 year, $1,955,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including an average annual salary of $977,500.

That was before he actually got some game experience.  He had a 4 game stretch of competency and sucked vs Philly in the 5th.   in '22 Taylor Heinecke was the 10th highest paid backup QB at 3.125 million and Chad Henne was #9 at $3.265 and Case Keenum #8 at 3.625.    Cooper Rush should fall somewhere between his near minimum and <$3mil.

1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I mean, yeah, if he's cheap.  Do decent vet backups sign cheap?  I'm under the impression they don't, but I could be very wrong on that.  I'm just hoping we sign a safety and a TE so we don't go into the draft with a glaring need and end up reaching for one.

Can we just resign Kurt benkert? Like I’m sure he wouldn’t keep us afloat if love gets injury… but love the dude and seemingly brought just good vibes to the team.

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Also based on history, Marcus Mariota would be an option. Given his relationship to Matt.

I think he's a very poor QB...can't throw.

But....I heard that he is a good vet to have around as he understands the game.  Seems like he could be a good veteran presence to help out Love.  I'm just not sure if he could throw well enough to keep a team afloat if an injury happens.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think he's a very poor QB...can't throw.

But....I heard that he is a good vet to have around as he understands the game.  Seems like he could be a good veteran presence to help out Love.  I'm just not sure if he could throw well enough to keep a team afloat if an injury happens.

I guess my question would be do you want to float? Haha

like at this point love is unproven… if he gets injured. I kind of want to have what happened to SF, have a lost season that nets me a Nick Bosa haha.

I guess my point is, I don’t think this team is built to be like the 9ers we’re we can plug and play at QB. We need Love to be good to great to see success.

would rather have a lost season that would get GB a very high pick and like Barry fired haha.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Grab DJ chark on a nice nothing prove it deal again.

Brandon Silvers to compete for backup. Time to make the XFL like the pipeline UDFAs used to be.

Snag Juan Thornhill. Draft time.

Are we doing this again? Every year we throw out FA names we want and get nothing 😂