Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I don't see either us or the Vikes winning 9 games this year.  I do think our future is a hell of lot brighter than MN's.

How to say you consume a large diet of national media without saying you consume a large diet of national media. 

Why are the Lions going to win the division? Because they beat the Packers on an off year? Vikings win the division walking away this season, again.  11-6.  Bears are no longer the worst team in football, but still not great.  Jordan Love has his growing pains.  And the Lions do what Lions do.  Each of these three teams will be between 6 and 9 wins.  

18 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't see either us or the Vikes winning 9 games this year.  I do think our future is a hell of lot brighter than MN's.

Not sure how this year will play out, I don't think anybody in the North does.  But I totally agree that our future might be way brighter.  

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bite your tongue! We will regain Divisional Dominance once again!  :)

We will but I'm not seeing it this year.  In 2008 during Rodgers' first year starting a year after we appeared in the NFCC game we went 6-10 so I am expecting a similar record in 2023.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Why are the Lions going to win the division? Because they beat the Packers on an off year? Vikings win the division walking away this season, again.  11-6.  Bears are no longer the worst team in football, but still not great.  Jordan Love has his growing pains.  And the Lions do what Lions do.  Each of these three teams will be between 6 and 9 wins.  

Because the Vikings were a bottom 10 team that got ridiculously lucky, are on the decline, had a terrible draft, and play a first place schedule. They're gonna finish last, 5-8 wins.

GB will win if Love is a top 12-15 QB (or better). If he is, GB is looking at 9-14 wins.

DET will win if their defense somehow plays better. If they are a top half defense they'll probably have 8-11 wins.

CHI will win if Fields is a top 12-15 QB and Love is not. They could surprise, but think they're a 7-10 win team.

GB has, by far, the highest ceiling. Then Detroit, then Chicago.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Because the Vikings were a bottom 10 team that got ridiculously lucky, are on the decline, had a terrible draft, and play a first place schedule. They're gonna finish last, 5-8 wins.

GB will win if Love is a top 12-15 QB (or better). If he is, GB is looking at 9-14 wins.

DET will win if their defense somehow plays better. If they are a top half defense they'll probably have 8-11 wins.

CHI will win if Fields is a top 12-15 QB and Love is not. They could surprise, but think they're a 7-10 win team.

GB has, by far, the highest ceiling. Then Detroit, then Chicago.

That defense is really bad. Then look at the RB position. The Bears improvement is dependent upon Fields taking a giant step in the pocket, reading defenses and delivering dimes. I don't see it. He has the same disease Trubisky has. His eyes drop looking for a running lane rather than getting to his second, third reads. 

2023 Chicago Bears Depth Chart | Ourlads.com

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That defense is really bad. Then look at the RB position. The Bears improvement is dependent upon Fields taking a giant step in the pocket, reading defenses and delivering dimes. I don't see it. He has the same disease Trubisky has. His eyes drop looking for a running lane rather than getting to his second, third reads. 

2023 Chicago Bears Depth Chart | Ourlads.com

They added 3 new starters to their front 7 in free agency, but their secondary looks very suspect. I agree that unit is probably still going to struggle. 

I don't have a strong opinion on Fields. I thought he for sure looked like a bust but appeared to play better for a shortt stretch to end 2022. So I'm not writing them/him COMPLETELY off, yet. I could see Minnesota being better than Chicago and seeing them in the NFCN basement again. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They added 3 new starters to their front 7 in free agency, but their secondary looks very suspect. I agree that unit is probably still going to struggle. 

I don't have a strong opinion on Fields. I thought he for sure looked like a bust but appeared to play better for a shortt stretch to end 2022. So I'm not writing them/him COMPLETELY off, yet. I could see Minnesota being better than Chicago and seeing them in the NFCN basement again. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Averaged 150 yards a game passing. Completed 60% of his passes. He's got to make an epic leap to be considered a decent quarterback. I don't see Lamar running skills. Fields is fast, but he's not elusive. If his plan as a QB is to run for 1000 yards again, he's going to get killed. Maybe as early as week 1. 

justin fields stats - Search (bing.com)

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Averaged 150 yards a game passing. Completed 60% of his passes. He's got to make an epic leap to be considered a decent quarterback. I don't see Lamar running skills. Fields is fast, but he's not elusive. If his plan as a QB is to run for 1000 yards again, he's going to get killed. Maybe as early as week 1. 

justin fields stats - Search (bing.com)

Well, he's now got DJ Moore at WR to go along with Moody and Claypool and that kid they drafted kindda high last year.

He's got an improved OL.

If Fields doesn't improve on those passing numbers, there's no one around that drafted him to protect him.

It will be interesting to watch.

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Well, he's now got DJ Moore at WR to go along with Moody and Claypool and that kid they drafted kindda high last year.

He's got an improved OL.

If Fields doesn't improve on those passing numbers, there's no one around that drafted him to protect him.

It will be interesting to watch.

Doesn't matter who is playing WR if he doesn't get his eyes right in the pocket. He will still be a 1 read and run quarterback. Those don't last long. Even Lamar Jackson has been breaking down due to all the shots he's taken over the years. 

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Detroit might win by default.  Honestly, I'm not sure any NFC North team wins more than 10 games.

• Like 1