Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, TheGreatZepp said:

Rodgers I believe is telling the truth, his truth, that just doesn’t lineup with others’ truths. 

Most of us learned as kids that if you don’t give your (parents, teachers, friends) a direct answer and keep giving inconsistent and non committal answers, that the decision will be made for you…

Sure… my point is his actions speak to his truth. He didn’t want to be there.

He maybe didn’t say those words but come on? Are we adults or children? And that’s my point, you are asking others to be honest… you start. Everyone would understand and respect you more. Just say, look with Jordan Love on the roster I don’t know how committed GB is to my twilight years. That’s 100% fair, honest and relatable.

But Rodgers didn’t want that. Because by his estimation it would look bad.

what it seems at the end of the day it came down to really just 2 issues for Rodgers.

1: he wanted control over personnel. This communication narrative is just code for I have demands that need to be meet. It’s why he got upset when Diana reported “list of demands” for the jets and everyone had to rework the language to be suggestions or things to make him comfortable or that so what guys like Brady get Gronk, blah blah blah.

It’s why it’s going soooo well in NY right now. It’s the honeymoon. They don’t might doing these things. In GB they did.

and

2: he couldn’t get over they drafted Love. He can claim other things… but he loves bringing up, well they drafted their guy. They got the replacement. Etc. when that happened, GB and Brian would never be able to do anything to repair the damage that had done.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Without the COVID year stunting Love's growth, I think Rodgers would have been moved b4 that contract. He had the Packers by the balls, and he knew it. 

I don't see the Jets tenure having a happy ending for Rodgers. May make the playoffs but will get bounced when the offense doesn't show up. 

i think you're right, but I'd still point out that rodgers was coming off an MVP season. Even if they did really like Love, it's tough to get rid of someone playing that well. For all that's said about Murphy, to me it looks he got one more chance with Rodgers for $28M in 2022 and $40M in 2023, plus a handful of picks. It's not exactly a steal, but kudos to him for giving the team a way out that doesn't cripple the team for a decade.

Rodgers tenure with the Jets will probably be like dating a crazy super model. Her ex dumped her for being crazy, but then she starts dating an uglier guy who is super thrilled just to be dating a supermodel. The crazy is easy to manage in the warm weather when everyone looks good, but eventually winter comes and you wonder why you're stuck with the crazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

i think you're right, but I'd still point out that rodgers was coming off an MVP season. Even if they did really like Love, it's tough to get rid of someone playing that well. For all that's said about Murphy, to me it looks he got one more chance with Rodgers for $28M in 2022 and $40M in 2023, plus a handful of picks. It's not exactly a steal, but kudos to him for giving the team a way out that doesn't cripple the team for a decade.

Rodgers tenure with the Jets will probably be like dating a crazy super model. Her ex dumped her for being crazy, but then she starts dating an uglier guy who is super thrilled just to be dating a supermodel. The crazy is easy to manage in the warm weather when everyone looks good, but eventually winter comes and you wonder why you're stuck with the crazy.

You know what will be interesting is when the winds kick up in Met Life. They can move footballs feet off their direction - so, AR might have trouble with some of those "floating spinners" he likes to toss. Time will tell.

22 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I do appreciate the unintended humor of Mr "I'm Immunized" lecturing others on just telling the truth.  Rodgers lives in his own little world, but if the Jets can cater to his whims for the next year or two, there is nothing that makes me think they can't win a SB with him.

I get the same vibe with the Jets as I did with Matt Ryan to the Colts and Russell Wilson to the Broncos.  The team overestimates their own talent because of some close losses so they go for the veteran QB savior.  I do think Rodgers is a lot better than either Ryan or Wilson, and I don't think he will be as much of a disaster, but I do think that the Jets overestimate their overall team.  Can they really compete with the Bengals, Bills, and Chiefs atop the AFC?  And even their division doesn't really have any pushovers, the Pats and Dolphins are probably going to be within 2 games of .500.  

I have no ill will toward Aaron.  Just don't think this is an automatic playoff berth like everyone is claiming.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

If they don’t make the playoffs it will be apocalyptic.

And given what Hackett did last year and what Rodgers did last year… it’s not off the table.

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I get the same vibe with the Jets as I did with Matt Ryan to the Colts and Russell Wilson to the Broncos.  The team overestimates their own talent because of some close losses so they go for the veteran QB savior.  I do think Rodgers is a lot better than either Ryan or Wilson, and I don't think he will be as much of a disaster, but I do think that the Jets overestimate their overall team.  Can they really compete with the Bengals, Bills, and Chiefs atop the AFC?  And even their division doesn't really have any pushovers, the Pats and Dolphins are probably going to be within 2 games of .500.  

I have no ill will toward Aaron.  Just don't think this is an automatic playoff berth like everyone is claiming.

Yep.  The AFC is as stacked as I can ever remember it being. 

27 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Sure… my point is his actions speak to his truth. He didn’t want to be there.

He maybe didn’t say those words but come on? Are we adults or children? And that’s my point, you are asking others to be honest… you start. Everyone would understand and respect you more. Just say, look with Jordan Love on the roster I don’t know how committed GB is to my twilight years. That’s 100% fair, honest and relatable.

But Rodgers didn’t want that. Because by his estimation it would look bad.

what it seems at the end of the day it came down to really just 2 issues for Rodgers.

1: he wanted control over personnel. This communication narrative is just code for I have demands that need to be meet. It’s why he got upset when Diana reported “list of demands” for the jets and everyone had to rework the language to be suggestions or things to make him comfortable or that so what guys like Brady get Gronk, blah blah blah.

It’s why it’s going soooo well in NY right now. It’s the honeymoon. They don’t might doing these things. In GB they did.

and

2: he couldn’t get over they drafted Love. He can claim other things… but he loves bringing up, well they drafted their guy. They got the replacement. Etc. when that happened, GB and Brian would never be able to do anything to repair the damage that had done.

Absolute agreement and before we fallout someone else we should reflect on ourselves. Rodgers should know better, he was drafted when Favre began his annual will I or won’t I retirement dance. Rodgers started talking about life after football before Love was drafted, I remember feeling as Rodgers crossed into his 30’s that there was a real chance he would just walk away any year.

Rodgers own commitment and communication issues created his self perceived slight. Would Jordan Love of still been drafted if Rodgers said I plan on being here into my 40’s, let’s get a contract extension and fill in some pieces?

Bill Huber / SI -

Nobody says you have to like your boss.

Nobody says you even need to respect your boss.

But you should talk to your boss, no matter if you’re volunteering at the concession stand of the neighborhood ballpark or you’re the four-time MVP of one of the most iconic franchises in all of sports.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/rodgers-to-the-athletic-i-talk-to-people-i-like

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

That has got to be a little embarrassing to a GM, right? Like driving down the parade route with a flat tire on the convertible carrying the Grass Fed Beef Princess. "Fwop. Fwop. Fwop." Everybody knows your problem and you can't fix it until next year's parade.