Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure what this really means but I have supported for a long time the idea of bringing in another senior defensive mind to assist Barry. Frazier would fit the bill if that's what this is potentially about. 

The Accelerator Program is a program within the NFL to promote diversity opportunities and hires.   

“The accelerator program is designed to connect owners and top decision-makers of the NFL’s 32 teams with candidates of diverse backgrounds for head coach, GM, and other key front-office roles. It’s part job fair, part matchmaker, and part educational tool.”

Not sure if Leslie Frazier is spending his days with the teams immersing himGreg Williams (and Jerry Gray - now with the Falcons) were the Packers representatives this year self in front-office dynamics/responsibilites etc as a precursor to landing a future head coaching or exec level position or spending his time promoting the Accelerator Program as a whole.   Perhaps both.   

Greg Williams and Jerry Gray (now with the Falcons) were the Packers representatives this year

9 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It will never cease to amaze me how people think it would’ve been the right decision to trade Aaron after two straight MVP seasons. Wild, wild stuff 

This is the equivalent of saying you're befuddled how Aristotle could have thought the earth wasn't flat lmao

That, or this post needs to be in green to be correctly identifiable as extreme sarcasm 

**** Aaron Rodgers. We don't need to talk about a New York Jet in a Random Packers thread. That petulant child and the ARDS ain't our problem anymore. Perhaps Wilde should move his unwanted *** to New York...LOL nvm, he'd never get a job out there since he's a massive hack. 

• Like 3

I also think Rodgers is justified in his objective suggestion that Gute wanted to move on.  Rodgers is right:  Gute was ready to move on.  His developmental QB after 3 years was ready.  The salary cap needed a change.  The team wasn't good enough to justify yet another run-it-back.  Maybe it was a year too late, but certainly this spring it was time to more on.  Gute knew that; we all knew that;  Rodgers knew that, and knew that Gute would see it that way.  

But Gute didn't articulate or acknowledge that well or truthfully, I don't think. Several times he made statements suggesting that they had wanted Rodgers back; but kinda blamed it on Rodgers and no communication.  

So I can understand Rodgers taking some offense that Gute repeatedly threw him under the bus, Rodgers forced us to trade him because he didn't communicate.  When Gute cuold have NOT pushed the blame onto Rodgers, and could have been straightfoward that he and the team needed to move on, don't blame Rodgers.  

As a poster, I like Gute, and think that in general he's been pretty straightforward with the media and a good interview.  And I was totally supportive of his making the move now; and of his courage in thinking more Buildican than Nowacrat when he drafted Love.  That was a responsible think to do, and I thought the timing was appropriate.  (I thought Rodgers might be approaching "washed", and that being proactive and taking a shot at a cap-saving youngster was wise.). 

But I do think he was in the wrong to not be more forthright about being ready to move on, and taking responsibility for that, and needing to do that for the welfare of the Packers.  Rather than kinda repeatedly and unnecessarily slurring Rodgers with the tried-to-communicate blame.  I suspect if he had it to do over again, he'd realize he didn't handle that the best and with the most class.  And *IF* it's true that Gute really didn't try any harder than giving a call while he's already on the road and needing to meet that very day with no further advance notice, I think in retrospect that was not very wise or praiseworthy.  (I'm guessing that isn't actually very accurate or fully representative of the efforts Gute made.).

One other thought:  the interaction between player, agent, and team is complex.  Never in the article or in the news has the agent been interviewed.  But players hire agents to represent them.  Many agents do NOT want team bypassing the agent and going straight to player.  It's also possible that the AGENT recognized that Gute was preparing to move on, and that it may have been the AGENT not Rodgers who was suggesting the Packers replace Gute, etc..  Or it was the AGENT who was not facilitating a meeting between Gute, MLF, and Rodgers.  Gute mentioned being in a lot of communication with the agent, even if not so much with Rodgers, after this season.  I can easily imagine that the agent recognized that Rodgers running it back yet again with a losing GB roster, with no cap space to improve it, and with Rodgers feeling unvalued in GB...  that the agent recognized that moving-on was in mutual interest for both Rodgers and for Gute.  I can imagine a scenario where agent and Gute both realized it was time for a change.  Maybe the agent didn't really think having a passionate player in the discussion was in anybody's best interest?  

10 minutes ago, craig said:

One other thought:  the interaction between player, agent, and team is complex.  Never in the article or in the news has the agent been interviewed.  But players hire agents to represent them.  Many agents do NOT want team bypassing the agent and going straight to player.  It's also possible that the AGENT recognized that Gute was preparing to move on, and that it may have been the AGENT not Rodgers who was suggesting the Packers replace Gute, etc..  Or it was the AGENT who was not facilitating a meeting between Gute, MLF, and Rodgers.  Gute mentioned being in a lot of communication with the agent, even if not so much with Rodgers, after this season.  I can easily imagine that the agent recognized that Rodgers running it back yet again with a losing GB roster, with no cap space to improve it, and with Rodgers feeling unvalued in GB...  that the agent recognized that moving-on was in mutual interest for both Rodgers and for Gute.  I can imagine a scenario where agent and Gute both realized it was time for a change.  Maybe the agent didn't really think having a passionate player in the discussion was in anybody's best interest?  

Write less, get to the point. People will actually read what you say. I'm sure you are making good points but keep it pithy and more people will read what you say. 

I've tried to read some of your posts but don't have the patience for them. If you can't make your main point in the first two or three sentences, you likely lose most posters. Not trying to be a ****, just trying to make a suggestion. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

**** Aaron Rodgers. We don't need to talk about a New York Jet in a Random Packers thread. That petulant child and the ARDS ain't our problem anymore. Perhaps Wilde should move his unwanted *** to New York...LOL nvm, he'd never get a job out there since he's a massive hack. 

I don’t agree with your first sentence, but 100% with your second. There’s a whole thread for the stalkers, haters, lovers and voyeurs. Let’s try to keep the other conversations clean of that particular issue. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, craig said:

Gute didn't articulate or acknowledge that well or truthfully, I don't think.  

You have no idea whatsoever what Gute spoke to Rodgers about or what their conversations were like. And yet Rodgers is justified and objective.  lol gtfoh

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We had 10 drives against San Francisco. After the first drive, we scored 3 points.

Fans blame the entire team. The ARDS blames everybody BUT the QB. 

+++

How the hell are you going to argue in Paragraph 1 that hindsight is misleading, and then in paragraph 2 argue that the same hindsight was correct? 

right 10 drives, and we couldn't run and didn't have time to pass, again the QB needs the rest of the offense to do there part too, and they didn't

the hindsight I don't agree with is the stats that don't tell any particulars like dropped passes or fumbles, poor blocking, and a defense that hasn't been able to stop the run this whole decade.

people like you that just want to blame the QB over look everything else that makes it harder for the QB to succeed, and I didn't say Rodgers was perfect either, that is you labeling someone just because they don't agree with your narrow minded opinion

38 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

You have no idea whatsoever what Gute spoke to Rodgers about or what their conversations were like. And yet Rodgers is justified and objective.  lol gtfoh

IIRC, Gute kinda said to media that he had wanted Rodgers back, but the communication stuff put him into trade mode?  

But Gute is too smart to have wanted to run it back.   

*IF* Gute only changed his mind after Rodgers didn't communicate, then Gute was unwise.  It was time for the Packers to move on, all of us wanted that; surely Gute did too?  

Whatever communication there was or wasn't was irrelevant.  

Enthusiastic comments on Musgrave are fun.  From both MLF and from media observers. 

Super optimistic that the o-line will be healthy and much improved, so that MLF will send Musgrave on routes a lot.  Trust the OL and the back for protection; allow four guys including Musgrave to go out on routes.  

• Like 2

Doubs seemed more comfortable  in yesterday's interview than last rookie summer.  2nd year jump sometimes happens both on field and also in interviews!

Stay healthy and have a breakout season, Doubs.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craig said:

1. They'd just been to the conference title, and a player thinks they've got a chance to get a better and go further.  Player is all-in Nowacrat.  For the GM to instead go all-in Buildican and use two draft picks to add a red-shirt QB who isn't going to help the cause short-term, that's working at cross purposes.  Frustrating for the Nowacrat QB.

GM job is more complex in having to do both build for now and build for long term.  Players don't care as much about long term....especially one that ( according to his own words) was 90% retired after 2022 season.  

2 hours ago, craig said:
  1. And obviously making that move reflects what the GM thinks about you and your future.  Team isn't drafting a QB if they expect 5 more good championship years from you. 

Rodgers was 3 years removed from MVP level play when Love was selected.  Rodgers play was not up to the level of the paycheck and thus looking to grab a potential QBotF is not a bad idea.  Sure it pissed off Rodgers, would have been nice for Rodgers return to fundamentals and offseason leg/ core work to not need preceded by the Love selection

2 hours ago, craig said:
  2. But I can certainly sympathize that a proud man would be hurt by that.  I think I'm still good, and that I'm not close to washed.  But you disagree, and are more prioritized on replacing me years down the line than helping the team I'm on for the next couple of years to win?  The Nowacrat-Buildican difference couldn't be more obvious.  

So the selection motivates Rodgers to invest more in off season strength work.   Maybe the "Nowacrat" QB should have been doing so sooner?

2 hours ago, craig said:
  1. I don't know if his version of the text-message stuff is true.  But if so, I can see being annoyed.  A visit with the franchise qB isn't worth a planned-in-advance meeting?  The GM thinks it's so insignificant that he can't schedule it in advance, or take a day away from scouting UDFA draft prospects?  Gute's coming on Monday and leaving on Tuesday and didn't think to pre-schedule with Rodgers, before being on the road on Monday?  Kind of absurd, *if* that's how Gute actually did it.  Rodgers also mentioned that he'd wanted to meet with Gute and MLF together; so Gute just texting him on the road without having the courtesy or respect to include MLF in the plan would also seem kind of weird.

You want to be involved in the conversations on things yet can't be bothered to get back to the GM whose has a full schedule preparing for the offseason FA  and draft?  Sometimes these conversations happen on short notice.  You want a seat at the table, then be prepared to get your *** to the table when needed.

2 hours ago, craig said:
  1. I can also see why Rodgers would have taken offense at the OTA's stuff.  He'd had a process for preparing himself which had not interfered with back-to-back MVP seasons.  To suggest that he doesn't prepare himself for the season is insulting, or to suggest he lacked commitment.  It wasn't in this interview, but Rodgers has spoken elsewhere about why he hasn't thought OTA's were that crucial.  Half of the receivers there won't make the team.  Throws are split up among backup camp-filler QB's.  Most of the teaching is focusing on introducing the playbook, not on advanced nuanced stuff.  So personally, I kinda respect his perspective on this.  And think all the flak he's gotten for no-showing OTA's is kinda over-the-top.  So I can understand how, if Packers insiders are whining about that, that he'd be feeling unjustly slurred.  

Rodgers may not personally need OTA'S, but the team does.  Putting himself above team is a bad leadership look.  Yet now in 2023 Rodgers needs OTA's?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, craig said:

Enthusiastic comments on Musgrave are fun.  From both MLF and from media observers. 

Super optimistic that the o-line will be healthy and much improved, so that MLF will send Musgrave on routes a lot.  Trust the OL and the back for protection; allow four guys including Musgrave to go out on routes.  

1 hour ago, craig said:

Doubs seemed more comfortable  in yesterday's interview than last rookie summer.  2nd year jump sometimes happens both on field and also in interviews!

Stay healthy and have a breakout season, Doubs.  

Won't speak for others, but I am very excited about the young talent on this team. Might be a year of growing pains, but when Love grows into the QB position this team is going to be fun to watch. Might take Love anywhere from a few games to most of this year, but when he gets there, watch out. 

• Like 2