Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

Are you talking about the 13-10 loss? If so, the defense gave up 106 yards rushing and 212 total yards. Do you not think the offense needs to produce more than 10 points?

I do, but why is it all on Rodgers, the QB is just one part of the offense in any game, yet fans always seem to focus the blame on the QB, the blocked punt for a quick 6 the mercedes fumble, the blocked field goal after a 75 yrd gain, Rodgers may not have been perfect, but he isn't the reason for that loss.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, turf toe said:

to funny, ST's completely gives SF the winning score, the defense is amongst worst in the league stopping the run for a decade straight and hands SF 250 yrds on the ground, and according to you and others we lost because the QB didn't score more then 10 points.

it is a stupid argument, fans always blame the QB

What's stupid is blaming a ST unit making a tiny fraction of Aaron's salary.

Aaron has a responsibility equivalent to his paycheck. Which is more then the entire special teams unit.

So yes, he gets the blame. 

C'mon people. Use your brains 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, turf toe said:

I do, but why is it all on Rodgers, the QB is just one part of the offense in any game, yet fans always seem to focus the blame on the QB, the blocked punt for a quick 6 the mercedes fumble, the blocked field goal after a 75 yrd gain, Rodgers may not have been perfect, but he isn't the reason for that loss.

I see you are a new member here starting in mid-April. You may want to go back and re-read some of the threads, this same argument has been rehashed to death several times and the things you are saying are the exact same things others before you have also claimed. 

Food for thought for you. When a player is paid in the 10's of millions, he is expected to produce more than the STer that is on a minimum wage deal. Rodgers is accountable to overcome some negatives that happen through the course of a game, he didn't do that. If he was on a vet minimum deal your case would hold a little water, but he wasn't and he didn't produce. It just comes with the territory; you want to be paid as the man you need to produce like the man. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But we didn't have a really strong chance. We finished 8-9 and came in 3rd in the division.

Unless you think Davante Adams is worth 4 wins more than Campbell, Douglas, Tonyan, and Reed, the argument you're making is self-defeating. 

The only rational way to explain 8-9 with the benefit of hindsight is clinging to the thumb injury storyline.  And I think it's a stretch.

Adams was probably worth 2-3 wins more than those guys though.  Rodgers was Adams, not the other way round.

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Aaron has a responsibility equivalent to his paycheck. Which is more then the entire special teams unit.

Rodgers went 20/29 for 225. Certainly played below his pay grade, but played like a mid tier NFL starting QB.

The ST in that game was responsible for a -10 point swing in a game that had 23 points scored total. 

Every ST unit in the league makes peanuts compared to the QB. I'd still say a strong argument can be made the ST played worse relative to their financial commitment than our QB did. 30 other teams pay their ST similarly and get wildly more productive investment.

The Packers played like **** on O and ST that night. Really should be the start and end of the argument even for the ARDS and the ABCJ.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Wait… I come to the internet specifically not to use my brain. I want to vomit out hot takes without taking a second to think it thru.

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

to funny, ST's completely gives SF the winning score, the defense is amongst worst in the league stopping the run for a decade straight and hands SF 250 yrds on the ground, and according to you and others we lost because the QB didn't score more then 10 points.

it is a stupid argument, fans always blame the QB

WE should have never been in a situation where that blocked kick made a difference. Rodgers leads the offense, they put up 10 points. He had the ball with time to go win it after the blocked punt and went three and out. Mr. Regular Season came up small, once again in the postseason. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers went 20/29 for 225. Certainly played below his pay grade, but played like a mid tier NFL starting QB.

The ST in that game was responsible for a -10 point swing in a game that had 23 points scored total. 

Every ST unit in the league makes peanuts compared to the QB. I'd still say a strong argument can be made the ST played worse relative to their financial commitment than our QB did. 30 other teams pay their ST similarly and get wildly more productive investment.

The Packers played like **** on O and ST that night. Really should be the start and end of the argument even for the ARDS and the ABCJ.

But didn’t the team blame the ST? They admitted it as much with basically cleaning house coaches and players. For their screw up…. They paid the ultimate price in losing a roster spot and coaching spot.

And then they went out and spent a ton of money and resources on the unit now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

But didn’t the team blame the ST? They admitted it as much with basically cleaning house coaches and players. For their screw up…. They paid the ultimate price in losing a roster spot and coaching spot.

And then they went out and spent a ton of money and resources on the unit now.

They "fixed" the STs because it was a good idea to fix a terrible unit.  And they weren't even that good after the fix.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They both sucked.

It would be cool to have a STs that can bail out ****ty QB play. 

It is expected to have your MVP QB bail out bad ST play 

• Like 3

All I know is, if we are given 3 options before the start of the game:

• Offense will provide a TD + 2 FG attempts, D + ST has to win the game.
  • ST will give up 7 points and score 1/2 on FG attempts, D + O has to win the game.
  • Defense will give up 6 points, O + ST has to win the game.

I know I'd be taking the second option before the first, because never in a million years I'd trust our team (or any team for that matter) to win a game scoring a maximum of 13 points. That makes the offense guiltier than STs in my eyes, though both sucked hard of course.

Also, it's not that they didn't score, they didn't even get out of our own 25 yard line in many cases. We punted from GB13, GB20, GB42, GB23. That's just abysmal.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

WE should have never been in a situation where that blocked kick made a difference. Rodgers leads the offense, they put up 10 points. He had the ball with time to go win it after the blocked punt and went three and out. Mr. Regular Season came up small, once again in the postseason. 

This. 

We had a terrible ST unit all season. Shame on our veterans (cough Aaron) for tucking tail and relying on them to bail him out. You just know he blames them for that loss and not himself, too. It's his nature.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They both sucked.

It would be cool to have a STs that can bail out ****ty QB play. 

It is expected to have your MVP QB bail out bad ST play 

#1 team in the league this year was +9.3 in point differential per game. Cannot under any circumstance lose 10 points in ST play. Since 2012, no one ever bailed out Rodgers ****ty play here, he had to be Godgers every week in the playoffs to accomplish anything.