Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nobody said he's a bad quarterback. You said we shouldn't have traded him earlier than this offseason because we could have won a super bowl with him. 

We said, should have shipped him earlier because we weren't winning a super bowl with him.

Simple question, multiple choice. IN HINDSIGHT who was correct here? 

A. Those of us who predicted we weren't winning a super bowl with him and should have moved on before this past year?

B. Those who wanted to keep him claiming, 'we could have won a Super Bowl with him.' Even though in hindsight we didn't. 

I gotta stop,this is hurting my brain, which is fully functioning based on the side I'm on in this discussion. 

Unfortunately Gute didn’t have the benefit of hindsight. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of joint practices with preseason teams you won’t be meeting in the regular season. I think it can get your starters more reps in a more controlled but unscripted environment. Although I’d like Love to get some solid snaps in the preseason games, he’s QB1 and if you mess that up your season is in jeopardy before you even begin. Only 3 preseason games and that last one is essentially final audition for depth guys, ST and PS. Just hope there are no Aaron Donald aholes who don’t understand the assignment while we all try to get our teams better before the season. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Did it?

Think about how you place your hands when under center. There's no reason your thumb should be being jolted by taking a snap from under center, minimally you should be able to protect it with a very minor adjustment. That excuse has never really made sense. 

I would hazard that it makes more sense that Rodgers just doesn't like taking snaps from under center and prefers the shotgun. The thumb was just a convenient excuse for him to not have to do something he didn't want to, while also removing a good portion of the playbook that he doesn't like to run. 

I stand corrected, not sure why I read into speculation about the thumb and taking snaps under center.

Rodgers

“I didn’t take a lot of under center snaps during the weeks leading up (the Dallas game),” he [Rodgers] said. “I didn’t really get any better, didn’t get significantly worse. There would be a couple plays every game, maybe a snap slightly inside or a hit that might jolt it a little bit.

“I told (the coaches), I said, ‘Don’t hold anything back. Let’s go under center. I’ll be fine on Sundays.’”

MLF

"Last week, Rodgers said the thumb wasn’t an issue as far as taking under-center snaps from center Josh Myers. Before Wednesday’s practice, LaFleur said the abundance of shotgun snaps was more because of what was working offensively."

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Then you're looking for the baseball forum, not the football one

the money a player makes gives you a excuse to expect more or to claim a player didn't play up to contract, it sure doesn't mean squat once the game starts.

ya know who over rates Rodgers, obviously, our GM, or he would have  fixed the WR position before allowing Adams to walk, yes we can blame Rodgers for not getting more time with these rookie receivers, even thats debatable since walk throughs in shorts doesn't really get that done, but 8 seasons of not using higher then a 3rd rounder on a WR, ( can we even consider Amari Rodgers into this convo) is bound to create a void that will make things harder for the QB and the offense.

point is lots of stuff held this team back from being better, but fans just focus on the QB

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Maybe the easiest thing to improve on this year...

The format of that infographic?  Seems like 100 ways to present that same information without that much wasted space. 

Losing Hackett and obviously Adams was huge for our “gold zone” production. hopping our HC and OC have some more creativity than shown last year. 

Edited by Refugee

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The format of that infographic?  Seems like 100 ways to present that same information without that much wasted space. 

Legit just ******* delete the numbers that don't have any teams attached. 

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

Losing Hackett and obviously Adams was huge for our “gold zone” production. hopping our HC and OC have some more creativity than shown last year. 

The wasted space is important. Places a much more visible gulf between teams for the casual to take in. Bunch the numbers together and maybe you wouldn't think GB's percentage was as dire, or inversely, that TEN's rate was all that remarkable... unless you're a bona-fide autist with numbers.

On 6/1/2023 at 7:45 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

And that’s just ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. When you have legitimate shots at winning the SB you go for it. That’s all there is to it. 

GB was not a SB contender after trading Adams.  Thinking otherwise is ridiculous.  That's all there is to it.

On 6/3/2023 at 6:20 AM, turf toe said:

my brain tells me money is not the point, rather its used to distract from the point, which is that QB's can't always carry the team to victory when the supporting cast can't even come close to doing there part, which it obviously hasn't done in our PO losses

Might be simultaneously the craziest and funniest take I've seen.  Money is almost entirely the point of everything in the NFL.  Or any league with salary cap.  It is absolutely imperative to generally play to your contract or your franchise is gonna have a bad time.  See last year... It's not the only factor to how things go but it is one of the defining differences between well run and **** franchises.

And trying to separate it from on field is insane.  Let me ask, do you think that the supporting cast may perform better with better talent that could be afforded with available money?  Of course.  But we cant because one person is taking up a huge chunk of the salary cap.  Which is why its a MASSIVE problem when he under performs.  Hes the one guy that basically can not afford to be off.  It sucks for him, lotta stress, but that's why you get 1/3 of the salary cap and its why you fair or unfairly take much of the glory but much of the blame.

We have been basically hiring scrubs for ST and hoping coaching them up will work (some times it does but hasn't for us) and then looking around baffled at why our ST sucks.  Why do these scrubs I pay nothing suck sooooooo bad????  Why are they not bailing out the guy making $50 mil???

Sizzling take

Edited by Spidey