Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, Norm said:

But they COULD HAVE given up less. Not my fault you can't understand that.

9 hours ago, Norm said:

Because you wouldn't accept its usage in any way that wasn't propping up AR. 

Aaron hurt your feelings I get it. It’s ok to be sad. Go through the breakup, it’ll be ok! 

21 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Right, so GB not a SB caliber team so Vegas puts them to 3 in odds . Why would anyone bet them at those bad of odds if they weren’t supposed to be that good? 

This is my last post about this. You guys are so upset at Rodgers you can’t be objective . 

You know who felt Rodgers gave us a shot to win the SB last year? Matt LaFleur. Brian Gutekunst. Mark Murphy. That’s why they gave him that contract that put us in a bad spot financially. 

Last post about this, OK. 

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Brighter than the odds makers

Brighter than Mark Murphy 

Brighter than Brian Gutnkunst

Brighter than Matt LaFleur

Well one more.

12 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It really is. There’s a lot of variables that can change things. If you don’t understand that, ok.

H*ll, let's have another.

12 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If you want it to die why are you strawmanning my argument? 

Im just saying we had a lot of bad luck last year and if some of it changed who knows what could have happened. We were 1 game out of the playoffs . Winning 4 of our last 5

Just beating the dead horse folks, nothing to see here.

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Aaron hurt your feelings I get it. It’s ok to be sad. Go through the breakup, it’ll be ok! 

It is a new week, let's go one more. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, R T said:

Last post about this, OK. 

Well one more.

H*ll, let's have another.

Just beating the dead horse folks, nothing to see here.

It is a new week, let's go one more. 

I’ve tried to let it go. @Norm is straw-manning my argument like I’m not making sense, so ya I’m going to defend myself. Not gonna let others try to make me look stupid. 

Your argument was anything could happen...

0330chewbacca.jpg

EDIT: I don't even have a problem with signing Rodgers, I wouldn't have done it and said so before hand, but I do/did understand the position Gute was in and get why he did it.  Wasn't mad about it and knew it was a possibility.

But between anything could happen and money doesn't matter there are some epic gymnastics being done here...

Edited by Spidey

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’ve tried to let it go. @Norm is straw-manning my argument like I’m not making sense, so ya I’m going to defend myself. Not gonna let others try to make me look stupid. 

Not going to do it, it's too easy. 😂

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not going to do it, it's too easy. 

So much for people wanting to drop it. 

It’s not wrong saying that had things bounced our way things could’ve been better. Injuries change the game.

But you guys stick with ‘Aaron Rodgers can’t win a Super Bowl’ that’s REALLY SMART

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

So much for people wanting to drop it. 

It’s not wrong saying that had things bounced our way things could’ve been better. Injuries change the game.

But you guys stick with ‘Aaron Rodgers can’t win a Super Bowl’ that’s REALLY SMART

And you blamed us in using hindsight. Everything you are arguing 'we' used as logic, you are doing the same thing on the other side of the coin. 

You are saying nobody could have known if Rodgers could win us another Super Bowl. We knew the odds were miniscule and wanted to play those odds and ship him out earlier than we did. 

You are saying we were wrong and use the logic, 'we could have,' to defend your statement. It's so unbelievably nonsensical that is becomes comical you want to die on this hill. 

16 hours ago, Deps said:

If they win by a field goal they tie the Seahawks, win by 4 and they lead. And whether or not they pass the Lions wouldn’t matter because they wouldn’t be in the playoffs.

Regardless, the point remains. The only three teams that were better than mediocre last season in the NFC included two that entered the season with long term QB questions and a third that no one trusts in the playoffs.

The Eagles and 49ers would have absolutely stomped us. 

We can look at this stupid team from a thousand different angles. It isn't going to change the fact that it was a mediocre team. 

On 6/3/2023 at 7:10 AM, turf toe said:

I think Love would have to really struggle or the defense play sub par again for us not to make the PO's, but winning the SB is much harder, Herman allows no middle ground.

I have a feeling making the PO.s this coming season is asking a lot.  In AR's first season starting with a much stronger roster plus one season removed from appearing the NFCC game we went 6-10.  For me as long as we see improvement every week that would make 2023 a successful season.  

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Does anyone have an opinion to share about the shareholders meeting? After buying a share a few years ago I've wondered if it's worth going to or not. I live in Ohio, so it's not a short trip.

I've been a shareholder for years.  I inherited a share from my late grandfather in the late 80s.  Back before additional shares were sold in the the late 90s this meeting was held at the Midway Motor Lodge and usually only 50 or so people attended.  Then you could really rub elbows with the swells and because the HC was also the GM he would be there.  These are business meetings so back then those in attendance would wear suits (I wore a dress).  Now shareholders dress like they are going to a game.  The GM will give a report on the team and discuss the previous season but the rest of the meeting is pretty dry.  I went to a handful of them after the meetings were moved to Lambeau but it wasn't the same.  The last one I attended was after the upper seats were added and we could explore the press boxes and upper deck.  Even though I am in town for most of the summer I do not plan on going.

• Like 4