Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My Mt. Rushmore for Packers.

Lombardi.  Starr.  Favre.  Rodgers.

Taking the most iconic coach out there.  He's gotta be in there as the trophy is named after him.  

Starr.  Another icon and the winner of just so many titles.

Favre.  Turned around the franchise and made GB relevant.  While setting many records along the way.

Rodgers.  Arguably the most talent QB to ever play the position.  Many MVP's.  Kept GB relevant.

Honorable mention to every Packer in the HOF, just too many to count.

But I'll take the iconic coach and the 3 QB's.

If I'm making one for me personally?  My "likes"?

Favre, White, Nitschke, Rodgers.

Agreed with all the above. Love or hate Rodgers, he dragged some sorry *** teams to the playoffs and NFC championship and gave us hope that we could compete every year.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Agreed with all the above. Love or hate Rodgers, he dragged some sorry *** teams to the playoffs and NFC championship and gave us hope that we could compete every year.

I feel like you can argue the White selection, as he wasn't a Packer for very long.  But that was THE iconic free agent.  He signed, won a title and helped get other FA's here.  So while he wasn't here very long, his impact was so great on so many levels that he's on my Rushmore.

I feel like that is a little insulting to other former greats that played a long time in GB and are in the HOF.  But it's my Rushmore, so I'm taking him.

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like you can argue the White selection, as he wasn't a Packer for very long.  But that was THE iconic free agent.  He signed, won a title and helped get other FA's here.  So while he wasn't here very long, his impact was so great on so many levels that he's on my Rushmore.

I feel like that is a little insulting to other former greats that played a long time in GB and are in the HOF.  But it's my Rushmore, so I'm taking him.

Reggie White was the greatest defensive player of all-time. Hard to not have him on any Mount Rushmore! 

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Taking the most iconic coach out there.  He's gotta be in there as the trophy is named after him.  

Favre.  Turned around the franchise and made GB relevant.  While setting many records along the way.

Rodgers.  Arguably the most talent QB to ever play the position.  Many MVP's.  Kept GB relevant.

No lambeau? 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Reggie White was the greatest defensive player of all-time. Hard to not have him on any Mount Rushmore! 

Not disagreeing, as he is on mine for the Packers.

Am saying I would understand any argument for other long time Packer greats over White, just due to longevity with the organization.

But it's my list and White was THE ICONIC FREE AGENT.  He came here and cemented his legacy.  So he's on my list.

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Lombardi.Taking the most iconic coach out there.  He's gotta be in there as the trophy is named after him.  

Funny thing about GB is their second best coach shares the record for most NFL championships won, one more than the coach regarded as their best.

On 6/13/2023 at 9:19 AM, vegas492 said:

The true Mt Rushmore for the Packers needs to be separated into management and players.

Lambeau, Lombardi, Harlan, Murphy. Those are the 4 men, regardless of position, who have turned the Packers into what they are today. They're the reason we're so financially stable and a global brand, allowing for the product on the field to exist. Ron Wolf also is in heavy consideration for pretty much developing the scouting/GM model we use and has been replicated throughout the league.

Players only I'm going: Lambeau, Starr, Favre, White. 

Don't know if any player post 1996 can really be a "Mount Rushmore" type as the culture that's been instilled here because of the 60s and 90s is what built what the team is today. Rodgers is obviously in heavy consideration regardless as I believe he's the best player ever at the most important position in the league.

• Like 2

Shot fired by a Bear player! Shouldn't they actually win a few games after 'winning' the 1st pick in the draft before they go spouting off? 

Bears DT blasts Aaron Rodgers, Packers fans (msn.com)

d7dcmFfq_bigger.jpg

"I wish he played one more year with Green Bay. ... Their fans are really ****ty. So I wanted to go back up there and I wanted to play them and beat them and wanted him to be there." -- Justin Jones on Aaron Rodgers leaving. Said the Bears are about "to take over" the NFC North.

·
Views

On 6/14/2023 at 11:15 AM, Old Guy said:

Shot fired by a Bear player! Shouldn't they actually win a few games after 'winning' the 1st pick in the draft before they go spouting off? 

Bears DT blasts Aaron Rodgers, Packers fans (msn.com)

d7dcmFfq_bigger.jpg

"I wish he played one more year with Green Bay. ... Their fans are really ****ty. So I wanted to go back up there and I wanted to play them and beat them and wanted him to be there." -- Justin Jones on Aaron Rodgers leaving. Said the Bears are about "to take over" the NFC North.

·
Views

Guess he hasn't yet tuned into the Chicago Meatball fan base yet.   Does he think any fan base has half of their fans that really know football?

He fits in, another delusional meathead in Chicago that couldn't find his way home spotted a guide, map and navigation device.