Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

We weren't looking for ST to bail us out either, we were asking them to perform remedial tasks, like the center snapping the ball, the QB catching the snap, the QB/RB performing a handoff, lining up in the correct spot on defense, etc... We needed a punt and 39 yard FG. Both botched miserably. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

#1 team in the league this year was +9.3 in point differential per game. Cannot under any circumstance lose 10 points in ST play. Since 2012, no one ever bailed out Rodgers ****ty play here, he had to be Godgers every week in the playoffs to accomplish anything. 

Yeah, that's how he was paid. And that's why it was his responsibility to do it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

They both sucked.

It would be cool to have a STs that can bail out ****ty QB play. 

It is expected to have your MVP QB bail out bad ST play 

Bail out is not fair. If they were a bad and not an utterly pathetic group GB wins that game. 

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

#1 team in the league this year was +9.3 in point differential per game. Cannot under any circumstance lose 10 points in ST play. Since 2012, no one ever bailed out Rodgers ****ty play here, he had to be Godgers every week in the playoffs to accomplish anything. 

And that’s something that’s NEVER brought up. People just talk about his last 3 playoff LOSSES , not games , losses and say ‘he cant do it in the playoffs’

2019 he had a real good game vs Sea. They lost to SF but it obviously wasn’t his fault . Outmatched and they ran for a billion yards on us. 

2020 he had a real good game vs LAR and came up short vs Tampa. 

2021 he didn’t have a good game but they should’ve won the game if the ST were competent. 

Nobody brings anything up prior to those 3 years where he had to put up a million points just to give us a fighting chance . 

Guys, why don’t you look at other QBs’ playoff stats. Look at people not named Mahomes or Brady.

EDIT: Hell , if you wanna look at the numbers with Brady, tell me who has the better numbers. It’s not particularly close. Tom’s better because when he made a comeback, his defense didn’t let him down after . Or he won straight up because of his D. 

How bout you start with Peyton Manning. Look at Drew Brees, Brett Favre, maybe some Dan Marino. See how Aaron stacks up playoff wise. 

You’ll find that in the playoffs, Aaron’s better than 99.9% of them . So saying ‘he can’t do it in the playoffs’ is just dumb. It’s dumb. 

Edited by Rainmaker90
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

What's more likely? Worst or 1st?

Given the state of the nfc… I don’t see how GB is the worst I mean the cardinals are tanking, Washington is using Sam Howell, Atl is using Ridder, Bears still have fields that can’t throw a down field pass, there is a lot of worse candidates…also GBs schedule is pretty light this year. Given that there is a weird universe where this team wins the SB.

5 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think worst is more likely than first.  But I wouldn't put money on either.  Even looking at the schedule, only the Chiefs look like an unwinnable game, at this point.  I don't think we will go 16-1, but the schedule is pretty pedestrian.  I still think there will be growing pains with Love.  Our pass catchers are greatly inexperienced.  Our career leader in receptions is Romeo Doubs, yards and TDs is Christian Watson, and tenure and age is Josiah Deguara.  Run defense also looks like it could be a major weakness given our current personnel. 

I think this year's Packers will be somewhere between one of the best "bad" teams and one of the "worst" playoff contenders, ultimately falling just short of a playoff berth.  That isn't going to stop me from doing my squats, and screaming at my TV, like it helps them win.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

What's stupid is blaming a ST unit making a tiny fraction of Aaron's salary.

Aaron has a responsibility equivalent to his paycheck. Which is more then the entire special teams unit.

So yes, he gets the blame. 

C'mon people. Use your brains 

my brain tells me money is not the point, rather its used to distract from the point, which is that QB's can't always carry the team to victory when the supporting cast can't even come close to doing there part, which it obviously hasn't done in our PO losses

12 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think Love would have to really struggle or the defense play sub par again for us not to make the PO's, but winning the SB is much harder, Herman allows no middle ground.

15 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Guys, why don’t you look at other QBs’ playoff stats. Look at people not named Mahomes or Brady.

Why would we exclude those two? He was paid to be the best QB in the league. He was paid to win Super Bowls; Your whole argument for keeping him was we had a chance to win a Super Bowl. 

Now you don't want us to compare his playoff stats to guys who win Super Bowls! LOL your case keeps getting worse the more you type. 

By the way, if you admit he's worse in the playoffs than those two, that makes him worse than 14% of the playoff quarterbacks. 

How about Matt Stafford, can we compare him to Stafford because they are the same quarterback in the playoffs. Nobody actually believes Stafford is in Rodgers league as a QB though. 

Regular season Stafford

Matthew Stafford Career Stats | NFL.com

Playoff Stafford

Matt Stafford Playoff Stats | StatMuse

Playoff Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers Career Playoff Stats | StatMuse

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why would we exclude those two? He was paid to be the best QB in the league. He was paid to win Super Bowls; Your whole argument for keeping him was we had a chance to win a Super Bowl. 

Now you don't want us to compare his playoff stats to guys who win Super Bowls! LOL your case keeps getting worse the more you type. 

By the way, if you admit he's worse in the playoffs than those two, that makes him worse than 14% of the playoff quarterbacks. 

Aaron Rodgers has to be the best playoff QB ever to be able to get it done. Got it.

This conversation is laughable. 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Aaron Rodgers has to be the best playoff QB ever to be able to get it done. Got it.

This conversation is laughable. 

What is laughable is you trying to twist numbers into pretzels to make your case for keeping him. 

Here is the FACT! Those of us who wanted to ship him out earlier because we weren't winning a Super Bowl with him have been proven correct. 

I can actually prove it with one simple fact, ZERO Super Bowls in the past 13 years. ZERO trips to the Super Bowl in the past 13 years. 

Those FACTS are not in dispute by anyone who is not suffering from ARDS or does not have a fully functioning brain. 

Enjoy your weekend! Glad that Primadonna is in NY. 

• Like 2