Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why? This forum would be annoying, but we'd be better off long term. 

I just value going after a SB, having a legit strong chance, is more important than collecting draft picks. 

I thought winning is what we’re out to do here. 

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I just value going after a SB, having a legit strong chance, is more important than collecting draft picks. 

We are about winning Super Bowls. Many here realized it was not going to happen with Regular Season Rodgers. Stole the nickname from @Sandy

Once we traded Adams, Rodgers was done with GB. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We are about winning Super Bowls. Many here realized it was not going to happen with Regular Season Rodgers. Stole the nickname from @Sandy

Once we traded Adams, Rodgers was done with GB. 

Which isn’t true. With Aaron and the team behind him we had a better shot than most teams. 

13 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Which isn’t true. With Aaron and the team behind him we had a better shot than most teams. 

17 out of 32 is MOST teams. Fourteen teams earned the right to participate in the postseason, we weren't one of them. We draft slot was 15, which is higher than MOST teams. Which means it turns out we did not have a better shot than most teams.

This is what you are clinging to. 

Pin on Quotes ★ Relationships and Breakups

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

17 out of 32 is MOST teams. Fourteen teams earned the right to participate in the postseason, we weren't one of them. We draft slot was 15, which is higher than MOST teams. Which means it turns out we did not have a better shot than most teams.

This is what you are clinging to. 

Pin on Quotes ★ Relationships and Breakups

Again, the benefit of hindsight. 

August 2nd 2022 we had 10-1 odds for the SB. 

We had a legit shot going in. If you think trading that away for draft picks was the right choice, I don’t know what to say. I do not agree whatsoever 

• Like 1

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Again, the benefit of hindsight. 

August 2nd 2022 we had 10-1 odds for the SB. 

We had a legit shot going in. If you think trading that away for draft picks was the right choice, I don’t know what to say. I do not agree whatsoever 

I think you misspelled foresight

• Like 1

MLF was asked about Stokes in this week's press conference. 

"He's done a great job.  I think he's made a lot of strides in his rehab.  And he's been running around.  And so hopefully, before the end of this, maybe he'll get in there for some individual.  I don't foresee him in any team situations through the course of OTA's and into minicamp."  

Very positive tone.  If he's running around and almost ready for individual now, I assume in two months he should be good-to-go when camp opens. 

Stokes being back for the season is really nice. He can cover some guys that are too fast for Rasul.  And the depth situation is just way safer with Stokes available. 

Developing Stokes into an excellent corner would be a good opportunity for the new secondary boss.  

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think you misspelled foresight

No, what Rain and I are saying is that in Spring of 2022 Gute thought we still had a legit chance to win the super bowl if Rodgers was kept on the roster. Rodgers wasn't a fan of Gute, so as a peace offering to him we extended Rodgers for many dollars but left ourselves an out clause.

What you are saying was that we didn't have a reasonable chance at a SB, as evidenced by Rodgers poor playoff performances and the fact that Adams was leaving. If you are using the outcome of the 2022 season to prove why you are right, that would be hindsight.

What we are saying is that this team had a reasonable chance at a SB, given the fact that we had the league MVP on the roster. If you are looking into the 2022 season and saying you you have a chance of winning a SB because you have the reigning MVP at QB, that is using foresight.

Rain and I aren't disputing the fact that trading rodgers after 2022 was the right move in hindsight, we are only saying that a team with Rodgers on it has a reasonable chance at going to the SB.

• Like 2

Packers are a D+D team. 

Love, Stokes, Tom, Myers, Doubs, Toure, Watson, Wyatt, Slaton, Quay, we've got a flock of guys who might improve over what they've been.  And new guys in VanNess and Musgrave and Reed who might be good out of the box and become very good down the road. 

Nobody knows how good or improved guys will be.  

The wild unpredictability of how players will shake out is kinda fun.  

22 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

No, what Rain and I are saying is that in Spring of 2022 Gute thought we still had a legit chance to win the super bowl if Rodgers was kept on the roster. Rodgers wasn't a fan of Gute, so as a peace offering to him we extended Rodgers for many dollars but left ourselves an out clause.

It’s fascinating how many Packers fans who have never met or spoken to Gute IRL can somehow extrapolate all these machinations of his process and what he “thought” and then proceed to pass them off as declarative statements like they’re facts.  

And by fascinating, I mean hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

But we didn't have a really strong chance. We finished 8-9 and came in 3rd in the division.

Unless you think Davante Adams is worth 4 wins more than Campbell, Douglas, Tonyan, and Reed, the argument you're making is self-defeating. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

What you are saying was that we didn't have a reasonable chance at a SB, as evidenced by Rodgers poor playoff performances and the fact that Adams was leaving. If you are using the outcome of the 2022 season to prove why you are right, that would be hindsight.

What we are saying is that this team had a reasonable chance at a SB, given the fact that we had the league MVP on the roster. If you are looking into the 2022 season and saying you you have a chance of winning a SB because you have the reigning MVP at QB, that is using foresight.

Rain and I aren't disputing the fact that trading rodgers after 2022 was the right move in hindsight, we are only saying that a team with Rodgers on it has a reasonable chance at going to the SB.

Not just us, Vegas had us as the 3rd best odds. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But we didn't have a really strong chance. We finished 8-9 and came in 3rd in the division.

Unless you think Davante Adams is worth 4 wins more than Campbell, Douglas, Tonyan, and Reed, the argument you're making is self-defeating. 

Oh come on. 

We were one game away from playoffs. 

Major injuries to Rodgers, Gary, Bahk, Stokes. Jenkins needed time . 

Watson had issues to start, Doubbs to end. Campbell missed games that seemed to linger.

Things could’ve been much different had things gone our way. Injuries happen but you don’t project major ones in the beginning of the year when we’re basically SB favorites .