Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, turf toe said:

whoops lol, 

I'am not to good at this, defending Rodgers though is boring, you win

after a little more research I found the right game, and over all I think the blunders with ST's is the real culprit for that loss, poor field position, blocked punts, plenty of blame to go around, Mercedes fumble, again to easy to just lay the blame on Rodgers

https://www.packers.com/news/game-recap-5-takeaways-from-packers-season-ending-loss-to-49ers

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Oh come on. 

We were one game away from playoffs. 

Major injuries to Rodgers, Gary, Bahk, Stokes. Jenkins needed time . 

Watson had issues to start, Doubbs to end. Campbell missed games that seemed to linger.

Things could’ve been much different had things gone our way. Injuries happen but you don’t project major ones in the beginning of the year when we’re basically SB favorites . 

Yeah, one game away from losing in the wild card round for an even worse draft pick. Great idea. 

There was no major injury to Rodgers. Stop lying. 

We played way better without Gary.

Stokes barely hurt us. 

We knew there was a possibility Bakhtiari would miss time. 

One big injury isn't atypical. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, one game away from losing in the wild card round for an even worse draft pick. Great idea. 

Stokes barely hurt us. 

An injury to a QBs thumb on his throwing hand isn’t a big deal? 

If you want to feel superior because last season didn’t go well, fine go ahead. 

It’s not a smart decision making process, and that’s on a nice end. 

32 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It’s fascinating how many Packers fans who have never met or spoken to Gute IRL can somehow extrapolate all these machinations of his process and what he “thought” and then proceed to pass them off as declarative statements like they’re facts.  

And by fascinating, I mean hilarious. 

Well it's not rocket science to presume that the reason Gute kept Rodgers for the 2022 season (when there were reported offers from the Broncos) was because Gute thought he could win the SB. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

He's still on the Packers books for this year, so still relevant to the franchise

The only thing relevant to the Packers as far as football concerning Rodgers now is what kind of future compensation will he bring to GB with his play in NJ.  He needs to play enough to get us a high pick.  If he flames out for the Jets so much the better for us.  I appreciate all he did for us for all those years but as players and others keep saying - its business. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pgwingman said:

No, what Rain and I are saying is that in Spring of 2022 Gute thought we still had a legit chance to win the super bowl if Rodgers was kept on the roster. Rodgers wasn't a fan of Gute, so as a peace offering to him we extended Rodgers for many dollars but left ourselves an out clause.

What you are saying was that we didn't have a reasonable chance at a SB, as evidenced by Rodgers poor playoff performances and the fact that Adams was leaving. If you are using the outcome of the 2022 season to prove why you are right, that would be hindsight.

What we are saying is that this team had a reasonable chance at a SB, given the fact that we had the league MVP on the roster. If you are looking into the 2022 season and saying you you have a chance of winning a SB because you have the reigning MVP at QB, that is using foresight.

Rain and I aren't disputing the fact that trading rodgers after 2022 was the right move in hindsight, we are only saying that a team with Rodgers on it has a reasonable chance at going to the SB.

Except I've been on the record saying we should trade Rodgers for YEARS. My reasoning was we weren't getting to the Super Bowl with him at quarterback among other reasons. Mainly he turned into a complete ****. 

So that in FACT is foresight. Because me, among many others, saw the difference between regular season Rodgers and playoff Rodgers and were tired of it. This year we didn't have to watch another painful playoff exit due to our QB coming up small in the biggest moments of playoff games. 

Literally the definition of foresight! The fact the events took place in the past has nothing to do with it. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

after a little more research I found the right game, and over all I think the blunders with ST's is the real culprit for that loss, poor field position, blocked punts, plenty of blame to go around, Mercedes fumble, again to easy to just lay the blame on Rodgers

https://www.packers.com/news/game-recap-5-takeaways-from-packers-season-ending-loss-to-49ers

Stop! The HOF quarterback put up 10 points. There is no justification for that piss poor showing. 

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The only thing relevant to the Packers as far as football concerning Rodgers now is what kind of future compensation will he bring to GB with his play in NJ.  He needs to play enough to get us a high pick.  If he flames out for the Jets so much the better for us.  I appreciate all he did for us for all those years but as players and others keep saying - its business. 

For sure. You can bet I'll be buzzed on training camp news in a few weeks.

This is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on this forum.

Now that the people who thought the best course of action was to trade Rodgers were EMPHATICALLY proven correct, some people think it was a bad take because they...used hindsight?!?!

MY God, ARDS know no limits to the breakdown of logic. Looney bin here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Stokes barely hurt us. 

Im not a rodgers appologist but the thumb issue preventing rodgers from taking snaps definitely limited our playbook in the first lions game, and impacted his accuracy.  Probably not as impactful as his decision making but it was problematic.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Stop! The HOF quarterback put up 10 points. There is no justification for that piss poor showing. 

to funny, ST's completely gives SF the winning score, the defense is amongst worst in the league stopping the run for a decade straight and hands SF 250 yrds on the ground, and according to you and others we lost because the QB didn't score more then 10 points.

it is a stupid argument, fans always blame the QB

17 minutes ago, turf toe said:

to funny, ST's completely gives SF the winning score, the defense is amongst worst in the league stopping the run for a decade straight and hands SF 250 yrds on the ground, and according to you and others we lost because the QB didn't score more then 10 points.

it is a stupid argument, fans always blame the QB

Are you talking about the 13-10 loss? If so, the defense gave up 106 yards rushing and 212 total yards. Do you not think the offense needs to produce more than 10 points?