Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because the general public is stupid. 

+++

Did they feel that way? Or was it the easy direction to take?

And even if they did, sweet, go ahead and acknowledge that I'm brighter than them, and move on. 

Were the Packers a flawed team entering last season? Sure. Every NFC team was, though. And only Hurts’ ascent and Brock Purdy playing passably made it any better by year’s end. Heck, had the Packers beat the Lions, you could have made the case they were the conference’s fourth best team entering the playoffs.

And I say that as someone who would have been fine if they had traded Rodgers.

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It really is. There’s a lot of variables that can change things. If you don’t understand that, ok.

Rodgers never had a good game because he could have played worse. It's not a hard concept to understand. He was always bad because he could have been.

For real, possibly the stupidest defense of anything I've ever heard, and that's putting it lightly. The fact you think it makes sense and everyone else is too emotional etc etc, is hilarious. 

We all need to let this die. It's over and it's just killing brain cells at this point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

Rodgers never had a good game because he could have played worse. It's not a hard concept to understand. He was always bad because he could have been.

For real, possibly the stupidest defense of anything I've ever heard, and that's putting it lightly. The fact you think it makes sense and everyone else is too emotional etc etc, is hilarious. 

We all need to let this die. It's over and it's just killing brain cells at this point.

If you want it to die why are you strawmanning my argument? 

Im just saying we had a lot of bad luck last year and if some of it changed who knows what could have happened. We were 1 game out of the playoffs . Winning 4 of our last 5

Edited by Rainmaker90
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Deps said:

Were the Packers a flawed team entering last season? Sure. Every NFC team was, though. And only Hurts’ ascent and Brock Purdy playing passably made it any better by year’s end. Heck, had the Packers beat the Lions, you could have made the case they were the conference’s fourth best team entering the playoffs.

And I say that as someone who would have been fine if they had traded Rodgers.

The Packers were a +3 point differential team heading into the Lions game. 

They were 6th in the NFC in point differential heading into that game. They were 6th in the NFC in point differential at the end of that game. 

23 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If you want it to die why are you strawmanning my argument? 

Im just saying we had a lot of bad luck last year and if some of it changed who knows what could have happened. We were 1 game out of the playoffs . Winning 4 of our last 5

Because you wouldn't accept its usage in any way that wasn't propping up AR. 

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Packers were a +3 point differential team heading into the Lions game. 

They were 6th in the NFC in point differential heading into that game. They were 6th in the NFC in point differential at the end of that game. 

If they win by a field goal they tie the Seahawks, win by 4 and they lead. And whether or not they pass the Lions wouldn’t matter because they wouldn’t be in the playoffs.

Regardless, the point remains. The only three teams that were better than mediocre last season in the NFC included two that entered the season with long term QB questions and a third that no one trusts in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

33 PPG allowed in his 10 playoff losses.

no QB will do well when there forced to score 34 points a game to win, specially with our WR situation since 2016. we rebuilt our defense and fired Bob Sanders because he averaged 23 points given up a game, 2 years later we won a SB, the QB can't do it all