Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hope we get him extended this year, but it might be a process. He's coming off ACL and if I'm his agent he doesn't take the field until he gets paid. 

Then the fun starts because his agent and Gary will argue he should be paid near the top of the EDGE food chain. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Hope we get him extended this year, but it might be a process. He's coming off ACL and if I'm his agent he doesn't take the field until he gets paid. Then the fun starts because his agent and Gary will argue he should be paid near the top of the EDGE food chain. 

Yeah....I'm not expecting "Gary-like" performance this year. Given what we just went through with Bak (and his delayed return) and Tonyan (who it appeared was running in mud last year).....a guy thats a combination of speed and power (more the latter...) could struggle. Hopefully he remains healthy and doesnt re-injure it.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Hope we get him extended this year, but it might be a process. He's coming off ACL and if I'm his agent he doesn't take the field until he gets paid. 

Then the fun starts because his agent and Gary will argue he should be paid near the top of the EDGE food chain. 

Gary needs to prove he's back to what he was 2 years ago, true he had a high total pressure count, but his sack numbers are not elite edge yet, and may never be, imo his agent needs to take that into account

16 minutes ago, turf toe said:

Gary needs to prove he's back to what he was 2 years ago, true he had a high total pressure count, but his sack numbers are not elite edge yet, and may never be, imo his agent needs to take that into account

Yeah, that is not going to happen. He's getting 20 mill a year + average. It's really all about the guaranteed money though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, that is not going to happen. He's getting 20 mill a year + average. It's really all about the guaranteed money though. 

you might be right, but that is to much for the production, yes, again, his total pressure count was about 80 in 2021, and was on pace for slightly less last season, but the sack count was still barely double digit, and thats what gets a guy a top 10 contract, I'd offer 17 with incentive for 20 if he gets 12 sacks and 70 pressures, thats what I would guarantee, enough with future guaranteed years, injury's leave us high and dray.

16 minutes ago, turf toe said:

you might be right, but that is to much for the production, yes, again, his total pressure count was about 80 in 2021, and was on pace for slightly less last season, but the sack count was still barely double digit, and thats what gets a guy a top 10 contract, I'd offer 17 with incentive for 20 if he gets 12 sacks and 70 pressures, thats what I would guarantee, enough with future guaranteed years, injury's leave us high and dray.

Fans do this every season; the player names change but the tough negotiation talk doesn't. Just like Jenkins a year ago and every other player they wanted to keep through the years, Gary will sign a new deal with the Packers. The Packers nor Gary's connections will be ridiculous about this deal, he is exactly the kind of young leader every team can't get enough of and the reason he will get paid fairly. 

Good news is as soon as Gary signs people can insert a new name and start the tough talk all over again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R T said:

Fans do this every season; the player names change but the tough negotiation talk doesn't. Just like Jenkins a year ago and every other player they wanted to keep through the years, Gary will sign a new deal with the Packers. The Packers nor Gary's connections will be ridiculous about this deal, he is exactly the kind of young leader every team can't get enough of and the reason he will get paid fairly. 

Good news is as soon as Gary signs people can insert a new name and start the tough talk all over again. 

you don't know what Gary will be asking, I checked his stats for last season and his pressures dropped dramatically (17) prior to his injury, he was on pace for about 11 sacks, those number don't put him in elite class and don't warrant 20 mil. A fair contract is what I'am hoping for, versus giving him a deal he hasn't earned, one great season two years ago, then a decline last year, and now coming off of knee surgery, it's why I want to see him play prior to a new contract.

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Does Gary have an agent?  I thought that he was going to represent himself because he wanted to be an agent when he is done playing football...

He is CEO and founder of RG Sports, a sports agency. That doesn't necessarily mean he will represent himself. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, turf toe said:

you don't know what Gary will be asking, I checked his stats for last season and his pressures dropped dramatically (17) prior to his injury, he was on pace for about 11 sacks, those number don't put him in elite class and don't warrant 20 mil. A fair contract is what I'am hoping for, versus giving him a deal he hasn't earned, one great season two years ago, then a decline last year, and now coming off of knee surgery, it's why I want to see him play prior to a new contract.

Why would you spend one second concerning yourself with if he has earned the contract he will be getting from the Packers or not. Do you really think that if he wants 20M and the Packers offer 17M that the Packers would let him leave over that money. He will get fair market value and the Packers will gladly pay the full amount of fair market value. He is young and works as hard as any player in the league to be great, if the Packers pay him 20+M a year based on potential that is fine. And in 2 years the deal will look like a bargain. 

22 minutes ago, R T said:

Why would you spend one second concerning yourself with if he has earned the contract he will be getting from the Packers or not. Do you really think that if he wants 20M and the Packers offer 17M that the Packers would let him leave over that money. He will get fair market value and the Packers will gladly pay the full amount of fair market value. He is young and works as hard as any player in the league to be great, if the Packers pay him 20+M a year based on potential that is fine. And in 2 years the deal will look like a bargain. 

actually that 20 mil annual is lower then I think he'll be asking for, the top 7 guy is making 20 mil. the top 6 make 22 plus, X a 4 year deal now where talking 15 to 20 mil. more, so ya, I could see some hesitation.

we just took 3 DL/Edge rush players in this draft, now obviously right now they are not near as good as Gary, but a year from now.

I want to keep Gary as much as anyone, but I'am just a bit leery he's going to ask for that  25 mil money you seem to think will be a bargain in a couple more seasons 

13 minutes ago, turf toe said:

actually that 20 mil annual is lower then I think he'll be asking for, the top 7 guy is making 20 mil. the top 6 make 22 plus, X a 4 year deal now where talking 15 to 20 mil. more, so ya, I could see some hesitation.

we just took 3 DL/Edge rush players in this draft, now obviously right now they are not near as good as Gary, but a year from now.

I want to keep Gary as much as anyone, but I'am just a bit leery he's going to ask for that  25 mil money you seem to think will be a bargain in a couple more seasons 

You moved the goalposts.