Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

But all the TV experts have already crowned their ***!

I also read where one of the guys on TV, I think it was Mike Greenberg, saying the Jets need to trade for Bakh because their OT situation is so bad it is going to get Rodgers killed. 

What is Greenberg's estimation of Bakhtiari's worth?  If Aaron Rodgers isn't even worth a first, Bakhtiari is like a 2026 6th?  I hear the Jets have some mighty strong leverage...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What is Greenberg's estimation of Bakhtiari's worth?  If Aaron Rodgers isn't even worth a first, Bakhtiari is like a 2026 6th?  I hear the Jets have some mighty strong leverage...

L

E

V

E

R

A

G

E

I wanted to go troll that forum so bad after all that trash and those clowns that kept coming in here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

L

E

V

E

R

A

G

E

I wanted to go troll that forum so bad after all that trash and those clowns that kept coming in here.

It was incredibly dumb.  This isn't baseball, and the Jets are not the Yankees... and the Packers are not the Royals.  We had two assets, they had none.  Give us what we want, or we keep our two assets and deal with what that entails.  

But just for ****s and giggles, I really do want Greenberg to state what he thinks Bakhtiari's worth is.  I am guessing it is a laugh at you until you hang up the phone kind of offer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

But all the TV experts have already crowned their ***!

I also read where one of the guys on TV, I think it was Mike Greenberg, saying the Jets need to trade for Bakh because their OT situation is so bad it is going to get Rodgers killed. 

They should and we can take their first round pick next year for it....

Oh.  Wait.....  :)

52 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He didn't state what he would give up. Interesting enough, at the trade deadline, when they are desperate for an OT, they cannot use with their 1st or 2nd next year without finalizing the Rodgers deal with the Packers. The Packers can tell them to go pound sand. 

I do believe that is the actual definition of leverage. When one has control over your destiny.

Which brings me to what I'd ask for Bak, assuming we would part with him at or near the trade deadline. 

The Rodgers deal turns into a 1st no matter what. They give us a 2nd in the '24 draft and a 2nd in the '25 draft. Otherwise, go pound sand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Which brings me to what I'd ask for Bak, assuming we would part with him at or near the trade deadline. 

The Rodgers deal turns into a 1st no matter what. They give us a 2nd in the '24 draft and a 2nd in the '25 draft. Otherwise, go pound sand. 

Jets fans will whine about uncertainties concerning Bak's knee and how much longer he wants to play, expect the Packers to give him up for like a 4th round pick because of it, and then tell us how much they are doing us a favor by taking him off our hands and how grateful we should be for their peanuts. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

27 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Jets fans will whine about uncertainties concerning Bak's knee and how much longer he wants to play, expect the Packers to give him up for like a 4th round pick because of it, and then tell us how much they are doing us a favor by taking him off our hands and how grateful we should be for their peanuts. 

I expect him to be the Packers LT for the 2023 season in its entirety unless an offer blows us away. They are not trading Bak for a 4th. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. It will weaken our offensive line at more than one position as Tom will most definitely move to LT in this hypothetical situation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd ask for them to guarantee the 2024 1st rounder and give up the 2024 2nd for Bak.  If they do that .. deal.  If they don't then so be it.

Yah that sounds about exactly right.  If the Packers are in contention this year then dunno might opt to keep him.  He might be able to go for another season yet.  Dude can still bring it.  Glad he'll be protecting Love's blindside this season.  But anyway as it stands he's worth at least a 2.  

41 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah that sounds about exactly right.  If the Packers are in contention this year then dunno might opt to keep him.  He might be able to go for another season yet.  Dude can still bring it.  Glad he'll be protecting Love's blindside this season.  But anyway as it stands he's worth at least a 2.  

The Von Miller compensation seems about right in comparison to Bak. LT and pass rushers are about equal value, usually. In this case, without the LT the Jets put their QB in harm's way every week so that requires a premium. 

So, my asking for 2 - 2nds and the inevitable in this situation, Rodgers pick moving to a 1st. 

The funny thing about "The Jets need to trade for a left tackle since their OL is a trainwreck" (a thing we kind of knew going into the draft- they needed to find two new starters on OL) is that people who have fantasy-brain never realized the sheer amount of resources and attention Green Bay devoted to "consistently having a good offensive line with Aaron Rodgers."

I'm willing to bet a lot more QBs struggle because the OL can't pass protect than "they don't have an all-world WR1".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The funny thing about "The Jets need to trade for a left tackle since their OL is a trainwreck" (a thing we kind of knew going into the draft- they needed to find two new starters on OL) is that people who have fantasy-brain never realized the sheer amount of resources and attention Green Bay devoted to "consistently having a good offensive line with Aaron Rodgers."

I'm willing to bet a lot more QBs struggle because the OL can't pass protect than "they don't have an all-world WR1".

I was listening to the ringer NFL podcast and they were pointing that out talking about how the Packers have a good chance in the NFC North because they and the Lions have the best offensive lines to protect their QBs, whereas the Vikes and Bears* lines' are train wrecks until proven otherwise

* Not saying the Bears didn't put a lot of effort into improving their line in the off-season.