Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Not sure you know what nepotism means.

"the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives, friends, or associates, especially by giving them jobs."

Who on the Packers is close to Owens?

They are favoring him because of who he is married to. 

7 minutes ago, R T said:

I'm beginning to think there is some nepotism involved with Owens still being on the roster, because that guy just is not very good and has zero upside to his game. 

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Not sure you know what nepotism means.

"the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives, friends, or associates, especially by giving them jobs."

Who on the Packers is close to Owens?

Clearly..... his dad married Gute's wife.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's like all blown coverage?

Are we watching the same highlights? I seen one blown coverage. The other he burned a CB peeking in the backfield. Other than that everything was contestant. That back of the endzone toe tap catch was beautiful.

30 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Are we watching the same highlights? I seen one blown coverage. The other he burned a CB peeking in the backfield. Other than that everything was contestant. That back of the endzone toe tap catch was beautiful.

Starting at 27 it's 3 plays in a row of horrible coverage that he ran by or one where nobody covered him at all. I shut it off after that lol. I hope he's good, IDK what there's to see off that though

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, St Vince said:

That by definition is a blown coverage. I know guys get more open in college than the NFL, but TE's don't just run by CB's like that in college unless the CB has blown his coverage.

I'm not saying, this is a bad pick up, I'm saying he's got a chance, but that tape is not something I'd hang my hat on as any indication of his superior route running or dominance over the opposition. 

23 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That by definition is a blown coverage. I know guys get more open in college than the NFL, but TE's don't just run by CB's like that in college unless the CB has blown his coverage.

I'm not saying, this is a bad pick up, I'm saying he's got a chance, but that tape is not something I'd hang my hat on as any indication of his superior route running or dominance over the opposition. 

Yeah but his qoute was that the entire video was blown coverages. I counted two. I'm not saying he's going to be a Finley caliber TE.  Was impressed with his hands and he looks like he can separate. Will that continue in the pros?  We'll see. But I can see why Gute liked him enough to bring him in for a pre draft visit.