Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Did anyone else see this? They put Jordy in the Packers HOF tonight but decided his ACL season should be scrubbed from the record. How hilariously unnecessary lol

d29fa2x3fklb1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I wonder if they did that with any other players in the past that when puu in the Packer HOF. It does seem odd since he was still a Packer during that time.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At no point are the Colts going to want to be "done with it" to the point where they'd consider him for peanuts.  Their entire FO deserves to get canned if they did that.  Barring injury, he's going to top the RB market which means $15M+/year.  That's fringe 3rd/4th round compensatory pick range.  That's the absolute bare minimum that the Colts could/should accept for him.  If it's anything less than that, they should tell the other teams to kick rocks.  I thought the FRP asking price was a bit on the optimistic side, but a SRP+ seems like solid value if you're not going to want to re-sign him.

3rd/4th round comp range but not receiving the comp pick until 2025.      That's a long time to wait for a comp return.     

But I agree I don't see any reason why they would move their best player for less than a 2nd round pick+

1 minute ago, Kampfgeist said:

3rd/4th round comp range but not receiving the comp pick until 2025.      That's a long time to wait for a comp return.     

But I agree I don't see any reason why they would move their best player for less than a 2nd round pick+

Isn't that the rub though. You can get a 3rd/4th in 2025 or a 3rd and a 5th say in 2024, maybe plus a decent back in return. To me, that is a no brainer, unless you plan on being total ***** and franchise tagging him after this season. 

I think Taylor's 'injury' is going to linger for some time. They can't dock him pay and he can keep insisting he's not healthy enough to play. 

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Isn't that the rub though. You can get a 3rd/4th in 2025 or a 3rd and a 5th say in 2024, maybe plus a decent back in return. To me, that is a no brainer, unless you plan on being total ***** and franchise tagging him after this season. 

I think Taylor's 'injury' is going to linger for some time. They can't dock him pay and he can keep insisting he's not healthy enough to play. 

I wouldn't trade one of my best players for pennies, even if it meant receiving fewer pennies in another year.    

Little different because comp picks weren't part of the discussion but Gute set a hard value on Rodgers and stuck to that value when the easiest thing would have been to accept less and just move on from the drama.   Taylor is worth more than the Packers 3rd, 5th and AJ Dillon imo

I do agree the "injury(ies)" is going to linger throughout the year.  He just needs to come off PUP before week 6, be active for two more games and then his boo-boos can keep him from suiting up again.  Then it's FA or ugly franchise tag

Edited by Kampfgeist

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

I wouldn't trade one of my best players for pennies, even if it meant receiving fewer pennies in another year.    

Little different because comp picks weren't part of the discussion but Gute set a hard value on Rodgers and stuck to that value when the easiest thing would have been to accept less and just move on from the drama.   Taylor is worth more than the Packers 3rd, 5th and AJ Dillon imo

Taylor is worth what the market will bear. We don't know what that is at the moment. Taylor is also going to milk his 'injury,' as long as possible. The Colts are never going to get the Taylor they knew. His value will not get higher for the Colts. He's done with them for all practical purposes. Irsay saw to that by being himself. 

GMs devalue a draft pick a year later. So whatever if they get a 2nd for Taylor in 2024, it's like a 1st in 2025. That 3rd or 4th round comp pick becomes the value of a 4th or 5th round comp pick by 2023 value. 

37 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Taylor is worth what the market will bear. We don't know what that is at the moment. Taylor is also going to milk his 'injury,' as long as possible. The Colts are never going to get the Taylor they knew. His value will not get higher for the Colts. He's done with them for all practical purposes. Irsay saw to that by being himself. 

GMs devalue a draft pick a year later. So whatever if they get a 2nd for Taylor in 2024, it's like a 1st in 2025. That 3rd or 4th round comp pick becomes the value of a 4th or 5th round comp pick by 2023 value. 

That's what I was pointing out to CWood in my original post

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So you guys are advocating sending a second round pick and then paying market setting value... for an INJURED RUNNING BACK?

giphy.gif

I think many people, including myself, don't actually think he IS injured.    He's claiming lingering issues from a cleanup surgery in Jan.    If Colts had given him the contract he wants he would have been available throughout training camp.    Fair to then criticize a player's attitude for holding out if healthy, but I don't think it will be an issue once paid.   He just wants to be paid if he's expected to be the workhorse and he's clearly the team's best player

Taylor will have to pass med inspection, which he will with flying colors.  IF GB were to trade for him that trade would likely include Dillon?  Dillon and a 3 4 or 5 pick?  Most I'd pay, and then only if I already had a deal worked out with him that is reasonable. 

Edited by 15412
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Sitton's speech was a really good .. he's a pretty good public speaker.  Jordy's was a rough listen as he's not a very polished public speaker and he was pretty emotional thru most of it.

In his defense he grew up on a farm and didn’t learn to read until he got to Kansas State

• Like 1