Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wonder if Gute would consider a Cam Akers for AJ Dillon swap? Dillon is clearly done here after the year, and while I'm not overly big on Akers, he's had a better career then Dillon to this point and they're done with him too. Worst case both hit FA at the end of the year, just as members of different teams. 

Are you sure you're looking at the right Rams RB? I can't see how Akers is better either Stat-wise or Merit-wise. Is it something you see in the Eye Test? Do you see him as RB1 of a corps vacated of both Dillon AND Jones, because it's rumored Cam's disputing his role in the offense?

8 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Are you sure you're looking at the right Rams RB? I can't see how Akers is better either Stat-wise or Merit-wise. Is it something you see in the Eye Test? Do you see him as RB1 of a corps vacated of both Dillon AND Jones, because it's rumored Cam's disputing his role in the offense?

I see two guys who are not working out for their teams, much like when we traded Josh Jackson for Isaac Yiadom. I don't think either of them are good, but a change of scenery might flip a switch for one of them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I see two guys who are not working out for their teams, much like when we traded Josh Jackson for Isaac Yiadom. I don't think either of them are good, but a change of scenery might flip a switch for one of them. 

Maybe so, I just couldn't find anything that proved Akers had the better career so far. Maybe a few actual playoff starts and a good performance in the '20 postseason prior to his '21 injury.

49 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Dillon this is sad .. he had the makings of a great packer folk hero type, but the man's game has hit a wall.  He used to have some juice to him .. now he can't seem to get much accomplished.  

I would go out and get Kareem Hunt if the Browns don't get him in first, always liked Hunt. Or maybe Fournette. I might be too early on the bandwagon but Dillion don't look good to me and the fact Gute looked hard at Taylor makes me think the Packers know Dillion ain't cut out for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

I would go out and get Kareem Hunt if the Browns don't get him in first, always liked Hunt. Or maybe Fournette. I might be too early on the bandwagon but Dillion don't look good to me and the fact Gute looked hard at Taylor makes me think the Packers know Dillion ain't cut out for it.

From a talent perspective, I might have agreed with this a year ago, but not today.  Hunt really looked to have lost a step last season.  Then there's the more general issue of Hunt being a pretty horrible human being.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Wonder if Gute would consider a Cam Akers for AJ Dillon swap? Dillon is clearly done here after the year, and while I'm not overly big on Akers, he's had a better career then Dillon to this point and they're done with him too. Worst case both hit FA at the end of the year, just as members of different teams. 

Do teams still get comp picks for players they traded for?

7 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Do teams still get comp picks for players they traded for?

You mean if we traded for Akers and he left via free agency would we get a comp pick? I believe that answer is yes. 

If you are worried about a comp pick for Dillon, none will be forthcoming. He's not getting a top 32 free agent contract with the way he's playing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Old Guy said:

You mean if we traded for Akers and he left via free agency would we get a comp pick? I believe that answer is yes. 

If you are worried about a comp pick for Dillon, none will be forthcoming. He's not getting a top 32 free agent contract with the way he's playing. 

It was just a question that popped into my mind when I saw the idea of trading Dillon for Akers.  Wasn't sure how that type of situation worked.

36 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

😒

That's harsh!!! Firstly Stately should be on the list twice as he is really the DC for the Chargers as well and really sucks. Next Teryl Austin from the Steelers and Clint Hurtt from the Seahawks are worse than Barry statistically speaking. Both their teams are worse than the Packers in points and yards allowed this season. And they are both 1-1 as teams.

People pick on Barry cos he is an easy target, there are easily worse coaches, teams and results out there!!!

image.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I think Akers is a bad locker room guy