Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Nice. I’m sure there’s some moves we can make to maneuver around as well

It will go fast.  Gary  Savage, Ford, Runyan are 4 current starters that are FA.  Might not be worth retaining some of those, but quality replacements dont come cheap

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It will go fast.  Gary  Savage, Ford, Runyan are 4 current starters that are FA.  Might not be worth retaining some of those, but quality replacements dont come cheap

I am not worried about any of them outside of Gary. Bahktiari will be an interesting case 

1 minute ago, Smidgeon said:

What about ranking of cap amount going to players not on the roster? 

What to do with David Bakhtiari weighs heavy. There’s really not much to do except pay him. I don’t expect him to play again, but he won’t lose a step of his check cashing speed.

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Are we in a healthy cap spot next year?

I just did a mock offseason last week to help clarify my thoughts. Cap space will be tight next year, we'll likely be restructuring every veteran contract to field a competitive roster. Bakh be entitled to an injury settlement of substantial dollars. But after next year cap space is wide open.

13 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I just did a mock offseason last week to help clarify my thoughts. Cap space will be tight next year, we'll likely be restructuring every veteran contract to field a competitive roster. Bakh be entitled to an injury settlement of substantial dollars. But after next year cap space is wide open.

I don't think Bakh is getting an injury settlement. While functionally his knee is going to be a chronic problem, he will be cleared to return. All he needs to do is pass a physical, not be reliable. 

• Like 1

The Packers offense hasn't produced a 300 yard passing game since December 12, 2021.  Thru six games Love's highest output has been 259 yards passing in a game vs. the Saints.  Aaron Rodgers finished his Packers career with 21 straight games without a 300 yard game.  291 was his high water mark on 11/6/22, and the next closest was 255.  This passing offense doesn't seem to work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers offense hasn't produced a 300 yard passing game since December 12, 2021.  Thru six games Love's highest output has been 259 yards passing in a game vs. the Saints.  Aaron Rodgers finished his Packers career with 21 straight games without a 300 yard game.  291 was his high water mark on 11/6/22, and the next closest was 255.  This passing offense doesn't seem to work.

last year's o-line and wrs were better too

3 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

What to do with David Bakhtiari weighs heavy. There’s really not much to do except pay him. I don’t expect him to play again, but he won’t lose a step of his check cashing speed.

Bakh will be released or traded. He's not playing on a 40m cap hit

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If your QB is able to do this in one half, he's capable to do it in two!

Find what works, call more of it, tweak the fundamentals and repetition, repetition, repetition, find that consistency.

that is the most frustrating thing is that GB offense is capable of moving the ball, but MLF is unable to ID and call those things in the first half.  after a bye week, that should have been a major focal point of the preparation.  having 5 games added to the preseason to see what Love and the offense is executing well.

Edited by squire12
  • Like 3