Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

If I ever have twin sons, I'm going to name them Pete and re-Pete.

Last night my wife asked me, "Is it just me, or is the cat getting fat?"  Apparently "it's just you" was not the right answer.

If math is mathematical and quizzes are quizzical, then what are tests?

Which bear is the most condescending?  Panda.  (Pan-Duh)

Why did the mermaid wear her seashells?  Because she outgrew her b-shells!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Last night my wife asked me, "Is it just me, or is the cat getting fat?"  Apparently "it's just you" was not the right answer.

Get-out GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 3

Frankly I'm surprised we even have two and I know one was Reed against the Saints (our smallest WR). Sometimes your guys just need to win and help your QB out. Even James Jones and Nelson were there over the years to help out the great Aaron Rodgers on a lot of 50-50 balls. We don't have that guy for Love.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Football is random, winning is random, trying to find a winning formula is random, having a GM draft/acquire players that work in your team is random, having a good coach who gels with his players is random, having a franchise QB at a good salary cap figure is random, the shape of an American football is random and fans are random

What's not random is the Bears always having a QB who is a bust.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Then there should be no pissin and moaning about what's going on with the Packers right now.  Rodgers got his money .. Gute gave it a shot and failed .. Packers go on.

Totally agree here. While I wanted to trade Rodgers a year earlier and feel like we’d be better off now, I can’t fault Gute for going for it one last time with AR

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont think four receivers within a few feet of each other is the design...........

This is exactly what I’ve been saying. WR’s have to be running the wrong routes or we wouldn’t be seeing 2-3 of them in the same spot on passing downs. And for gods sake go up and catch the ball instead of squatting down and trying to basket catch a deep ball… WATSON& DOUBS!

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Nobody's gettin' fat but Mama Cass.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah i know what you mean. I have no problem with honest discussion though. 

My point has always just been that if you're going to drag on Gute, it's important to compare him to his peers rather than a hypothetical GM.

IMO, going back 10 years,  you could judge GMs by regular season wins (4th most), postseason wins (T5th most), and Super Bowls (zero).

Over the last 5 years, packers have the 5th most reg season wins and T9th most postseason wins. 

Oh, for sure, I get it. Unfortunately, two of the loudest anti-Gute voices tend to vanish when confronted with the reality of the rest of the NFL, only to resurface the same debunked arguments days/weeks/months later.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Striker said:

Oh, for sure, I get it. Unfortunately, two of the loudest anti-Gute voices tend to vanish when confronted with the reality of the rest of the NFL, only to resurface the same debunked arguments days/weeks/months later.

You should just save these posts in a word doc so that you don't have to keep retyping 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Frankly I'm surprised we even have two and I know one was Reed against the Saints (our smallest WR). Sometimes your guys just need to win and help your QB out. Even James Jones and Nelson were there over the years to help out the great Aaron Rodgers on a lot of 50-50 balls. We don't have that guy for Love.

It's kinda disappointing Doubs isn't better at it with how good he is at fades. I would like to see more jump balls for maybe Musgrave. 

2 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Totally agree here. While I wanted to trade Rodgers a year earlier and feel like we’d be better off now, I can’t fault Gute for going for it one last time with AR

Without Adams?  That never made any sense.  They should have cut the cord after the brutal loss to the 49ers in the playoffs.  It seemed like they had taken things as far as they could, especially if you knew that Adams was a goner.  I kept expecting Gute to acquire a quality veteran wideout, and his answer was Sammy Watkins and 2nd and 4th round rookies.  

36 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sounds like Savage might be heading to IR. Massive dilemma at safety. Not to mention we are struggling to get Jaire and Stokes on the field with injuries as well. 

Seems it's the same guys .. game after game after game being hurt.  Does there ever get to be a point where the Packers say "enough already" and move on from them after their contract expires? 

So in 2020 the Packers draft Dillon in the 2nd round signaling a clear emphasis that LaFleur wanted to create that Henry-Titans style of play based on a powerful running game. Meanwhile, we continue the philosophy of drafting OL who are poor run blockers (Tom seemingly being the exception here). Fuels the fire for those who continue to claim that this team (and more specifically this offense) has zero identity. 

• Like 1