Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, Striker said:

Jordan Love to Wicks falls incomplete after they're not on the same page.

BUT

Defensive holding, 5 yard penalty. Automatic first down. 

1st and 10 from the 6

"Love sucks"

"Love sucks"

"Love sucks"

in the gameday chat

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

At least he's well aware that he needs to change his game some and be more physical.  I don't think work ethic is a problem with this guy .. he needs superior coaching, and I'm not sure he's ever had that before.  This is where not having a really good veteran WR to watch and learn from has probably hurt some of these guys.  

• Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

At least he's well aware that he needs to change his game some and be more physical.  I don't think work ethic is a problem with this guy .. he needs superior coaching, and I'm not sure he's ever had that before.  This is where not having a really good veteran WR to watch and learn from has probably hurt some of these guys.  

Also...I agree with some others who recommend he run more drag or crosser routes. He doesnt have "Davante-like" juke moves in him. He's more of a straight line / get an angle on a guy kinda runner......and he's very fast doing that. So, get him the ball cutting across the middle so he can find a seam and disappear. Get him off the sidelines.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Just what I "feel' about Watson.

He needs a stick, not a carrot.  

He's soft.  He needs to toughen up, big time.  He needs a big personality to push him forward.  Could be a coach, could be a veteran player.  But if he's left to being who he is?  He's too nice.  That's just my view on him so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Also...I agree with some others who recommend he run more drag or crosser routes. He doesnt have "Davante-like" juke moves in him. He's more of a straight line / get an angle on a guy kinda runner......and he's very fast doing that. So, get him the ball cutting across the middle so he can find a seam and disappear. Get him off the sidelines.

Totally .. they need to get him involved early and often.  Get the ball in the guys hands and see if he can utilize that speed.  

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Am I missing something obvious or what is the significance of the “whoa nelly” ? I think they say it on Wilde and Tausch’s show too?

Well, it was originally something said to stop horses(mainly female ones). But it was also one of the catchphrases of one of the historical College Football Broadcasters, Keith Jackson. So the actual football player Keith Jackson gets a lot of that "Whoa Nellie" catchphrase when talked about in highlights and broadcasts as a result.

4 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Well, it was originally something said to stop horses(mainly female ones). But it was also one of the catchphrases of one of the historical College Football Broadcasters, Keith Jackson. So the actual football player Keith Jackson gets a lot of that "Whoa Nellie" catchphrase when talked about in highlights and broadcasts as a result.

I'm a person who thinks most game commentators are pretty disposable, interchangeable, and terrible.

Keith Jackson was an absolute delight - when he was on your team's game, you knew you were big time, and he had a distinct personality and made the game better without making it about him.

• Like 2