Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Guess I don't get the uproar.  It's coming to GB period and those in charge of it must have determined there's enough space/rooms/restaurants/bars to handle it.  I really don't care as my oldest son lives in Green Bay.  I'll just stay there and the others can fend for themselves!

right, who cares if some sports media guy has to drive a hour or even more to do his job, I traveled that often for work,

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Guess I don't get the uproar.  It's coming to GB period and those in charge of it must have determined there's enough space/rooms/restaurants/bars to handle it.  I really don't care as my oldest son lives in Green Bay.  I'll just stay there and the others can fend for themselves!

It's not uproar on my part, just pointing out discrepancies between 300k for the draft and 650k+ for EAA

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Also tens of thousands of those people camp.

There ain't going to be a lot of people raring to camp in Green Bay and March or April.

And even if the 677k we're legit that's still spread out over 7 days, not three. 

And lots of people rent their houses out to EAA members. 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

And lots of people rent their houses out to EAA members. 

I was in Oshkosh once for an EAA (college).  

We sub-let our house for 3 days while we went fishing up north.  

3 bedrooms, 3 roommates.  We covered a semester's worth of tuition.  It was crazy.  Led to a lot more beer money.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leader said:

It's funny how defensive Packers fans get over Green Bay being a small town while it also being the main factor that makes this franchise unique. When I went last year for the Titans Thursday night football game, there wasn't any Ubers available and had to walk a mile back to our hotel in the cold. It'll be interesting to see how the NFL draft turns out. I live in Arizona(Scottsdale) currently, and we've had the Super Bowl twice since I've lived here. Both times have been a **** show and Phoenix is one of the most accessible cities in the country. Curious to see how Green Bay handles the draft which I imagine draws a similar sized crowd. 

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

They'd approached me....but I declined the nomination...thinking it time someone else won.

I need to know his stance on Love vs Rodgers, first round WRs and the Murphy power silos structure before I can agree or disagree with his nomination

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leader said:

They'd approached me....but I declined the nomination...thinking it time someone else won.

I'd say he's pretty deserving.  He's been toiling away on Youtube for the past several years, and finally saw it blow up a bit this year when he did a 32 team road blitz to raise money for charity.  He's had a few one-on-one interviews with Murphy that have been pretty good.  Seems like a pretty good dude.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I was in Oshkosh once for an EAA (college).  

We sub-let our house for 3 days while we went fishing up north.  

3 bedrooms, 3 roommates.  We covered a semester's worth of tuition.  It was crazy.  Led to a lot more beer money.

Another UWO alumnus like me! I knew there was something I liked about you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Another UWO alumnus like me! I knew there was something I liked about you.

North Scott for a year.

Fletcher hall CA (RA equivalent) for 3 years.

1 year off campus on McKinley Street.

My sophomore year was the best two years of my life.

• Like 1