Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Yeah I hoped he was gonna be a staple good player on ST. Turned into flag machine

Weird, yesterday's near-disqualification was the only penalty moment from him that I could recall. Not that it really matters. The only role he played that comes with question marks after his departure being the Personal Protector on Punts. We'll find out on Thursday who fills that role- my money's on Zayne.

28 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Weird, yesterday's near-disqualification was the only penalty moment from him that I could recall. Not that it really matters. The only role he played that comes with question marks after his departure being the Personal Protector on Punts. We'll find out on Thursday who fills that role- my money's on Zayne.

He's had 4 this season that I know of. 

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Addition by subtraction. He was useless in the secondary and was not the standout Rich thought he'd be on specials. 

I kind of think that the return of Taylor helps that ST unit anyway, and now that THE Zayne Anderson is finally healthy, he is just a bigger, faster (I think), younger version of Leavitt.  But they did pay Leavitt this offseason, so that is kind of a mild surprise. Plus, you might think that one of Toure, Cox, or Jones would be on the bubble, as they are inactive consistently.  Also, I don't know what Kristian Welch does.

Do have to wonder what Taylor gets out of this.  He is likely on the roster until Jones is a go, then they cut him again.  I suppose a game check is a lot more than a PS check.  But personally I would hate getting jerked around like that.  

I don't know if it is Barry or the individuals stepping it up, or what.  But if you were told that we would be fielding Valentine, Ballentine, Owens, Johnson, and Nixon as our defensive back field, you would probably guess that we would be getting shredded for like 350 per game, and we aren't.  Somebody is doing something good. Or maybe the run defense is THAT bad...

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I kind of think that the return of Taylor helps that ST unit anyway, and now that THE Zayne Anderson is finally healthy, he is just a bigger, faster (I think), younger version of Leavitt.  But they did pay Leavitt this offseason, so that is kind of a mild surprise. Plus, you might think that one of Toure, Cox, or Jones would be on the bubble, as they are inactive consistently.  Also, I don't know what Kristian Welch does.

Do have to wonder what Taylor gets out of this.  He is likely on the roster until Jones is a go, then they cut him again.  I suppose a game check is a lot more than a PS check.  But personally I would hate getting jerked around like that.  

Probably money, but also the chance for him to put some reps on tape. He might get a decent handful of opportunities this week.  He can probably catch on with another PS if it doesn't work out in GB again. 

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think most back of the roster guys know  the deal. Stay in the League as long as possible but know you are always on the bubble. Being on a 53 and even PS is a solid amount of money that you can build off of if you’re not foolish with it. Most of us wouldn’t mind getting jerked around like that. We did stick with him his entire first year when he was injured by redshirting him on IR. He never panned put into what we hoped as a runner but he does a lot of other things at a solid level. No one else on the street can run our offense by this Thursday so we’re lucky to have him.