Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, Leader said:

It is what it is at this stage. The die is cast. It's baked into the cake. It's done. The defense is what it is and will be till next year and a new DC runs things. My only wonder is if the players have in fact tossed in the towel. That would be unfortunate, but possible. We watched some real NFL level defenses last night. Hopefully we reach that level again. It's been awhile.

While this is the way it is going to be. It is 100% not the way it should be. The "Sackless One," also known as Matt LaFleur, should be on a flaming hot seat if the Packers fail to make the playoffs.

The idea that this is OK to roll with a guy who is so bad is ridiculous. Players get cut during the season all the time. Keeping a DC around who is so beneath the standard sets a terrible tone. 

Yeah, not good for a very talented and very paid player. Creates some real issues going forward.

We now go into damage control and more importantly, figuring out what assets we can get for him if we can’t bring this situation back to ground. One thing that I always remember, Belichick always spoke highly of his game. 

Edited by Refugee

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Pretty dumb by the Packers to go to this extreme IMO.

Maybe. We don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors but there has clearly been tensions brewing and then going rogue on the coin toss was pretty much him giving coaches the bird in front of the team and the rest of the world. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Maybe. We don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors but there has clearly been tensions brewing and then going rogue on the coin toss was pretty much him giving coaches the bird in front of the team and the rest of the world. 

His interviews have also been about as passive as his tackling effort.  

I'm beginning to suspect the Rasul Douglas trade was more than it appeared on the surface. Now JA took action to get himself traded. Anybody still think Barry hasn't lost the players? The unfortunate thing is MLF is willing to shed good players to protect that loser. I've really lost respect for MLF. This team needs a total retooling in the offseason. Does Gute have the balls?