Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

58 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He ain't gonna miss the biggest game of the year. He will gut it out. 

I think it depends on if Watson, Musgrave and Wicks are back. If those three are back, not sure I'd risk him getting more injured. 

After a couple years of everyone ripping the Packers for not drafting a WR/TE in the first and some implying they may have the worst receiving group in the league, do the packers quietly have one of the best and cheapest? Certainly have to be outlook wise. Maybe not stud WR wise, especially with someone like Watson out, but just good players/depth and then Reed.

• Like 2

Question for the masses:

If Watsons hamstring issues continue into next year and he misses significant time next year, how long do you stay with him?

Is there a point where you say, we gotta move on?  No agenda here, just looking for opinions.

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

If Watsons hamstring issues continue into next year and he misses significant time next year, how long do you stay with him?

Is there a point where you say, we gotta move on?  No agenda here, just looking for opinions.

GB has two more years to figure out how to work with Watson in the off-season to get rid of these injuries.

No need to move on prior to his contract being done.  Even then?  I'd hope they keep him around.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

Probably depends on what GB adds to the WR room.  If someone new with RAC ability is added and looks good, GB will probably be willing to move on from Watson sooner than if the room stays as is.  Either way, I would think Watson would stay on the roster at least into 2025's camp.  Let's say he misses another 6 games with a hammy in 2024, then enters 2025 camp with the same issue, I expect his roster spot would be at risk in that scenario.

EDIT: Derp, had the years screwed up.

Edited by Mazrimiv

27 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

I'm holding on for his rookie deal. He's undeniably talented, and I just don't see the roster benefit. We'll probably carry 6 WRs into the season, so you're looking at Wicks, Doubs, Reed, now Melton, Heath, and Watson. I just don't see how it makes sense to spend a top-150 pick to displace Watson. If a 7th rounder strikes gold, they'll displace Heath first.

22 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

No reason to move on before the contract expires in 2025.  He will be the most expensive of the bunch making just under 3 million against the cap.  It isn't like he is unproductive when he is healthy, he just hasn't been healthy that often.  Compare him to say, Equanimeous.  Watson already has more yards and TDs, in half as many games.  If he still misses half the games the next two seasons, then you should look to move on.  For whatever reason, you can't count on him to be available.  But until that point, he is MVS at worst simply by being big and fast.  

56 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

Through his rookie contract. The hammy issues finally ruined Sammy Watkins. I don't think you move on from Watson until his rookie contract expires. 

A lot of questions need to be asked and answered before we get there though.