Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

12 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

We do tend to obsess over misses by kickers. Doubs failing to haul in an endzone pass on the 1st drive of the game cost the Packers more points than Carlson's missed FG. 

All of Carlson's missed XP's for the entire year cost the Packers the equivalent of 1 missed TD opportunity. 

Having 3 red zone drives = 6 points is what killed it for me. Andres was responsible for those 6 points when really we should of been depending on him for 3 if the offense keeps moving. That part of the game looking back is up there with the dropped pick 6 IMO. Kicking is not why we lost that game. 

I don't disagree with competition and so fourth though. I just am more positive on him figuring it all out.

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You don't think Crosby had a huge leg?

At Colorado a mile high he did but I never really thought he was one of the bigger legs. If i recall a few years back we had a KO guy if you recall for a short period. Mind you Mas got older. I think he had a decent leg on FG's and did get his game together to be very accurate in cold weather. But a huge leg........nope overrated leg cause of thin air haha. Just my thoughts great kicker though loved him. 

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

At Colorado a mile high he did but I never really thought he was one of the bigger legs. If i recall a few years back we had a KO guy if you recall for a short period. Mind you Mas got older. I think he had a decent leg on FG's and did get his game together to be very accurate in cold weather. But a huge leg........nope overrated leg cause of thin air haha. Just my thoughts great kicker though loved him. 

At the end of his career he mightve lost some mustard... but McAfee has specifically talked about how big Masons leg was. Multiple times went out of his way to mention it.

Like the actual experts of powerful legs say Mason had a top notch one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

At the end of his career he mightve lost some mustard... but McAfee has specifically talked about how big Masons leg was. Multiple times went out of his way to mention it.

He just said that cos Mason is Aaron's friend and Pat wanted to stay on the good side of Aaron

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

I just never thought he had a leg that was huge. Never had a ton of TB's and this was all prior to the short KO routine out there the last few years. His KO TB% for his career may suggest that McAfee is an idiot:).

Crosby was terrible early in his career but the NFL moved up the KO to 35 yards in 2011 and he started to get closer to 50% and went over a couple times slightly. So sorry but for such a huge leg his TB% sucked doesn't suggest it. Stats below.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrosMa20.htm

21 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I just never thought he had a leg that was huge. Never had a ton of TB's and this was all prior to the short KO routine out there the last few years. His KO TB% for his career may suggest that McAfee is an idiot:).

Crosby was terrible early in his career but the NFL moved up the KO to 35 yards in 2011 and he started to get closer to 50% and went over a couple times slightly. So sorry but for such a huge leg his TB% sucked doesn't suggest it. Stats below.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrosMa20.htm

Touchbacks just aren't the barometer you think they are.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Touchbacks just aren't the barometer you think they are.

Well we're talking about leg strength so how else can you evaluate or what would the barometer be then as to whether a kicker has a big leg? PAT's and FG's don't. Mason was a great kicker for the Pack. I just don't rank him up there with a big leg. No biggie we can disagree on it. All good.