Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

39 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

He still has the old forum downloaded that he looks back at the “good old days”.

I've gone back and looked at some of the old draft discussions to see with the benefits of hindsight how things turned out. I believe it was 2005-2006

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

One man's redrafting of the 2023 first round. The three players we got from trading down twice in the 2nd round, are both first rounders in this redraft. 

Redrafting 2023 NFL Draft: Panthers pick C.J. Stroud, Jahmyr Gibbs to Giants to replace Saquon Barkley - CBSSports.com

Will Levis at 2 is certainly interesting.  Anthony Richardson at 4 makes no sense either.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Will Levis at 2 is certainly interesting.  Anthony Richardson at 4 makes no sense either.

Not saying he was right! I still don't see it with Levis. Quite honestly, we love Brooks but not sure we'd redo this draft and take him over LVN, who is not in the first round. 

12 hours ago, spilltray said:

I was really high on Colledge and Spitz. I thought they were going to be long time starters.

Guys like Aaron Rouse fool me every single time.  I LOVE the idea of a tall, heavy safety that can cover a TE straight up.  But they never have the COD to hang with anyone, and despite training for the 40 yard dash, seem to lack true game speed to cover deep as well. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spilltray said:

I was really high on Colledge and Spitz. I thought they were going to be long time starters.

Colledge was a damn good OG though.  Really do wonder what would have happened if he would have stayed at OT though.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Colledge was a damn good OG though.  Really do wonder what would have happened if he would have stayed at OT though.

His issue was always power.  He had very good movement skills, and he was good as a pass protector.  But when you needed to just line up and mash the guy in front of you to get a yard he really struggled.  I still think he could have been an okay finesse tackle, Clifton was not a road grader either, but I think that just limited Colledge's game. 

54 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One man's redrafting of the 2023 first round. The three players we got from trading down twice in the 2nd round, are both first rounders in this redraft. 

Redrafting 2023 NFL Draft: Panthers pick C.J. Stroud, Jahmyr Gibbs to Giants to replace Saquon Barkley - CBSSports.com

I honestly don't get why this redraft has DET taking WR Rice over DT Carter at #6.