Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We signed Jacobs because we had told Jones he was being released according to what I've read. There was no option on the table for them as teammates. 

Yeah, I'm not getting the continuing discussion about whether Jones didn't want to accept a RB2 role behind Jacobs.  It was fun to think about a Jacobs/Jones backfield when the Jacobs deal was initially announced, but it's clear now that both of them in GB was never going to happen.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Yikes. Too rich for me (have to see the breakdown), but whatever, it's Gute's $$. 

I just hope this type of deal doesn't mean they are penciling him in as the slot CB -- because that ain't it. 

I assume he is the leading dog for the job to open up the draft. Then we add some talent.

Just need 1 more safety and we're draft ready 

Last years contract was a prove it deal to see if his first season wasn't a fluke. Nixon must've proved it to the Packers brass and was rewarded with a sizable contract. They must be happy with his work at nickle corner and with his attitude and culture fit.,

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hafley must like him as the nickel, because that's starting slot money. 

Kickoff returns should have more value again moving forward if they make the changes they have been discussing.  I hope they draft a corner that can challenge him for the slot.  He's not very good at that spot.  Maybe he can be coached up better under Hafley.