Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 5/26/2024 at 9:22 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

Ok, it has been 10 years.  It is past time to forgive Brandon Bostick.  The guy screwed up.  A lot of people screwed up in that game.  But he seems to be a good dude, and still supports the Packers.  

Bostick was the final nail in the coffin, but McCarthy, Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Peppers, Burnett, etc etc all could have done things to salt the win away well before Bostick made the grievous error of trying too hard. 

40 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Bostick was the final nail in the coffin, but McCarthy, Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Peppers, Burnett, etc etc all could have done things to salt the win away well before Bostick made the grievous error of trying too hard. 

Was Bostick 'trying too hard?" I thought he was told to block and not try to recover the football. That is not, "trying too hard." That is being an idiot. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Refugee said:

So many things had to catastrophically fail, I could probably list ten and there would still be some left. No way I could ever watch that one again. More than just about any other loss I’ve witnessed, that one traumatizes me. We had a very real shot to take it all with that team and the game of football needed at least one Rodgers/Brady SB just for historical perspective. 

It's also crazy to me that the 07 and 14 Super Bowl births would have been against the Patriots. Making it three times we could've potentially played each other for the big one.

Yeah, I will never watch anything from that game. I even watched our loss against Denver not too long ago for the first time since original air. Not a bad game. 2014... Never...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Was Bostick 'trying too hard?" I thought he was told to block and not try to recover the football. That is not, "trying too hard." That is being an idiot. 

Yep. He was just supposed to block. Jordy was in perfect position right behind him to field the kick. It wasn't even that good of an onside kick. 

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

But if he gets it it's a "heads up play"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Love the confidence and hope this comes true. I'd rather the player do it on the field and then talk about it as opposed to talking about it prior to doing it. 

Wyatt seems to like the new DC's attacking style. Hope it's a fit. 

Packers' former first-round pick planning to make 'monster leap' (msn.com)

Manifestation. 

Not everybody who says, "This is going to go great!" is right but nearly everybody who says, "This is going to go poorly!" is. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Manifestation. 

Not everybody who says, "This is going to go great!" is right but nearly everybody who says, "This is going to go poorly!" is. 

Touche! I like the guys who say nothing and just go out and do it. 

Don't get me wrong, Wyatt has the ability to be one of those dudes. I'll be rooting for him. 

We have to decide on tags for both him and Walker pretty soon. I think you tag Walker and take your chances with Wyatt. You can always tag him, but you can't tag both of them. 

Edited by Old Guy

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

He did it for us. Unlike in practice, the ball was coming right to his hands. Catch this and we win. All of us win. Catch it and we win. Here it comes. It's getting bigger. It's tumbling. My hands felt just like two balloons. Something is wrong. The universe is different now. My job was to block. I didn't block. I am not a hero. I am bad.

I can argue both sides of the "He tried too hard"/"He's an idiot" argument.

4 hours ago, craig said:

Team RAS might be better if not for guys like McKinnon and Reed. 

Again, there’s nobody on this team named McKinnon. And who gives AF about team RAS lol.