Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Dude was solid from 60+ but 17 of 22 for the year, around 77%

He was 11-12 from 20-49 and 6-10 from 50+.  Interesting that Baltimore, who has Justin Tucker, was one of the teams interested in a tryout. 

32 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

He was 11-12 from 20-49 and 6-10 from 50+.  Interesting that Baltimore, who has Justin Tucker, was one of the teams interested in a tryout. 

Need to have eyes on a few kickers to keep in the rolodex for rainy days

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Need to have eyes on a few kickers to keep in the rolodex for rainy days

Gutey definitely still has a Rolodex. Most likely inherited from TT who got if from Wolf the elder.  

27 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Okay, that makes me think @AlexGreen#20 was right and they're just waiting to announce it. But what do they gain by waiting, other than making QB1 have to dance around these questions in front of cameras?

I think if it was a done deal they would share it. Hopefully very, very close but a blockbuster deal likely needs a lot of details ironed out and they don’t want to leak anything until it is officially in the books. Lot of anticipation, he’s obviously getting paid but the structure of the deal will give us some insight into what the next several year plan might look like. The main thing is to stay healthy and keep improving. I believe he will keep growing but DC’s will obviously be studying his game to a higher degree. Going to have to show he can play the mind game and counter punch when they try to set him up. Man, he and this offense could really be special if it all comes together. 

Vallentine is a guy McCarren said put on some weight. In his interview today he said he was +20 lbs. That’s a huge jump but he does have a long frame to hang some weight on. Obviously he needs to show he can run at that weight but guys tend to lean out as camp goes on. Another guy that could really take a jump. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Vallentine is a guy McCarren said put on some weight. In his interview today he said he was +20 lbs. That’s a huge jump but he does have a long frame to hang some weight on. Obviously he needs to show he can run at that weight but guys tend to lean out as camp goes on. Another guy that could really take a jump. 

I just watched Valentine's locker room interview.  He confirmed it was 20 pounds.  The Packers roster lists him at 189.  I assume that wasn't updated, so he is about 210.  He had a 9.29 RAS, with only a 20 percentile bench press.  I would venture a guess that he gained more in the strength department than he lost in the speed.  And while 210 is a pretty big corner, it isn't outrageous, and he doesn't look like David Boston when he became more body builder than WR.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

These guys ask the same inane questions every day. Ain’t **** changed, dummies lol. 

There's not a whole lot of **** happening at the moment and with this player in particular, the pending contract extension is top of the list. 

Edited by Leader

3 guys whose impact can be a big difference in this team's performance in 2024.  There are others but these jump out.

Eric Stokes-  Get him back to a decent level and he'll have a big impact on this defense.

Luke Van Ness - If he can make a jump to the next level, he can cause a lot of havoc and help across the board  .

Luke Musgrave - stay healthy and improve.  Guy was always wide open.  A jump in stability and YAC would do wonders for this offense.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just watched Valentine's locker room interview.  He confirmed it was 20 pounds.  The Packers roster lists him at 189.  I assume that wasn't updated, so he is about 210.  He had a 9.29 RAS, with only a 20 percentile bench press.  I would venture a guess that he gained more in the strength department than he lost in the speed.  And while 210 is a pretty big corner, it isn't outrageous, and he doesn't look like David Boston when he became more body builder than WR.

20 LBS in 5 months. Sounds like the juice machine was working in his house. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

3 guys whose impact can be a big difference in this team's performance in 2024.  There are others but these jump out.

Eric Stokes-  Get him back to a decent level and he'll have a big impact on this defense.

Luke Van Ness - If he can make a jump to the next level, he can cause a lot of havoc and help across the board  .

Luke Musgrave - stay healthy and improve.  Guy was always wide open.  A jump in stability and YAC would do wonders for this offense.

I healthy Watson might make our offense unstoppable. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He was probably playing below 189, so there +20 probably puts him right around 195-200 currently I'd guess