Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I kind of like the idea Love won't practice until his deal is done. Gives the Packers a sense of urgency to get it done. If he were practicing the Packers could be as patient as they wanted to be. No chance any decent agent would have it any other way for his client. 

Get it done and we can all just worry about football. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Get it done

And to get it done before Dak and Tua deals.

I'm hoping there are a fair few roster bonuses that can be converted into signing bonuses to make the deal good for both sides

• Like 1

I'm guessing/hoping it will be $283m 5 year extension. Gives Love a higher AAV than Lawrence and in reality gives a 6 year deal for $300m with $50m AAV. With about $110m guaranteed. There is $6m in bonuses still to be paid. 

Lawrence has cap hits of around $15m, $17m, $24m and $35m over the first four years of his deal. 

Whatever Love signs for, DAL will be likely forced into paying Dak even more.  Same with MIA and Tua.  That makes me laugh.

EDIT: Heck.  Forgot about Purdy in SF.  That makes me laugh even more.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Whatever Love signs for, DAL will be likely forced into paying Dak even more.  Same with MIA and Tua.  That makes me laugh.

EDIT: Heck.  Forgot about Purdy in SF.  That makes me laugh even more.

I actually think Jerry Jones will not sign Prescott until the off season. I could be completely wrong about this, but I think he needs to see him win a few playoff games before he extends him. 

If they don't make the playoffs or he's one and done again, Jones let's him walk. 

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'm old enough to remember when certain posters on this forum claimed a QB who shall not be named was a diva for holding out. How times have changed.

Love ain't a diva. Love ain't holding out.

Love ≠ Aaron

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So you think Love is going to get $5M/year more than Lawrence?

Depends on how far Love wants to push it. It's highly unlikely but if he did a true hold out and wasn't going to sign for anything less than 60 what options do we really have?

Edited by StatKing

37 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Depends on how far Love wants to push it. It's highly unlikely but if he did a true hold out and wasn't going to sign for anything less than 60 what options do we really have?

Packers have Love under control for the next 3 seasons.  Gute could also play hardball.  Make him play under his current contract and then franchise him for the next 2 years.  Game of poker call Love's bluff.  Neither side wants that though.  I thought this would drag on until mid season.  Appears Love's agent is going to force the issue.  Suspect this deal will now get done within the next week or so. 

4 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Packers have Love under control for the next 3 seasons.  Gute could also play hardball.  Make him play under his current contract and then franchise him for the next 2 years.  Game of poker call Love's bluff.  Neither side wants that though.  I thought this would drag on until mid season.  Appears Love's agent is going to force the issue.  Suspect this deal will now get done within the next week or so. 

I think you'll find they don't. I am fairly certain his contract contains 3 void years which take effect before a player can be franchise tagged

• Like 1