Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

It depends on when the contract voids.  

If it voids before the franchise tag window occurs, then the player could be franchise tagged.  It it voids after the franchise tag window closes, then the player can't be franchise tagged

The TEAM puts in the contract when it expires with void years. Depending on that date decides when they are free to negotiate with other teams. I posted an article which explained this. 

It also stated the Packers could tag Love the next two years. 

Not to mention Derek Carr was RELEASED from his contract. It had nothing to do with void years. He would have been under contract and with the Raiders had they decided to keep him. 

Derek Carr contract, explained: Why Raiders released QB after failed trade to Saints | Sporting News

29 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Whaddya think?

I normally don't care much about the colors, and I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but all whites are so dam lame. Retire them for good.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I normally don't care much about the colors, and I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but all whites are so dam lame. Retire them for good.

While "all white" makes the fast guys look sleek, it makes the fatties look awful. 

On 7/26/2024 at 3:53 PM, Old Guy said:

The TEAM puts in the contract when it expires with void years. Depending on that date decides when they are free to negotiate with other teams. I posted an article which explained this. 

It also stated the Packers could tag Love the next two years. 

Not to mention Derek Carr was RELEASED from his contract. It had nothing to do with void years. He would have been under contract and with the Raiders had they decided to keep him. 

Derek Carr contract, explained: Why Raiders released QB after failed trade to Saints | Sporting News

Maybe love did not want to be tagged. Then you are paying top 5 money for a disgruntled player. 

Love will put butts in seats for the next 10 years. Dont overthink it. 

3 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Maybe love did not want to be tagged. Then you are paying top 5 money for a disgruntled player. 

Love will put butts in seats for the next 10 years. Dont overthink it. 

My comment was a reply to someone who said the Packers couldn't have tagged Love in 2025 due to his void year. That comment was absolutely false. I wasn't discussing the merits of if Love would or wouldn't have wanted to be tagged. 

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you're LaFleur, how on earth are you going to preach accountability to your players when your equipment people are coming up with this dumpster fire?

Edited by AlexGreen#20

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yep .. terrible.  The green in the helmet looks black .. doesn't match the uni green.  Swing and a miss!

The helmet has a New York Jets feel to it. For me, that is a hell no! 

Edited by Old Guy

I don't hate it.  In fact, it looks fine.  There is a team called the New York Jets that have that uniform already.  And that is what I don't like about it.  Pretty much a logo swap and a yellow stripe to a Jets uniform.  

• Like 1