Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I'm a glass 1/2 full kind of guy. There is nowhere to go but up for this group. 

Can only double team everybody so often. Backend has to hold up in those situations. 

Also before the titans game our rush %s were quite good so idk how much the vikings game effected that stat.

In bulk were still 12th most. 5 sacks in 3 games if you delete our top game isnt great but it isnt awful.. (not even last in the league if you take away a full game.) especially when you figure how we rushed Ant and Hurts..

Wilson Ballentine and inconsistent stokes are more to blame for the vikings game if you really want to get into it... retracing screens was probably the worst part of the DLs game from this last week. Edge guys need to quit getting so far up field and play through the tackle as well.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

How is win rate calculated? If 1 guy wins his matchup does the whole rep count as a win, or is that 1 win and 3 losses? 

it's on an individual, per snap basis

espn uses player tracking data to determine if they got past their blocker.  Doesn't need to necessarily be a pressure/sack to be a win.

The team rankings take all the pass rushers and all the snaps and give an overall win rate.

Okay I went to The Grove this morning to do a quick recce to see if it was the Vikes or Jets who are going to be staying there. I was praying it was the Vikes as I want to try and hook up with Aaron Jones. Anyway, good news the Vikes have landed I already saw someone from the Vikes top brass and joked with him if the Packers had a proper kicker they would have lost. Damm why did we lose!!! Unfortunately I got too much work stuff and events on today but from tomorrow and the rest of the weekend I'm going to be at The Grove stalking Aaron Jones!!!! I'll keep you posted if there is any success :)

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-04 at 10.58.30_088a3309.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-04 at 10.58.31_2e17bb54.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-04 at 10.58.30_5707939c.jpg

Pineapple on pizza all day long for me.

HOWEVER....

If you pair it with crappy basic ham (a Hawaii) then I can understand why people would think it is underwhelming, even terrible. I'm in that camp...it's awful.

How the pineapple is cut also greatly affects your enjoyment of the pizza. Chunky....not gonna work, thin approximately 3-4mm is the way to go. You need to be using fresh pineapple instead of being lazy and using wet tinned pineapple.

Now, the trick for an excellent pineapple pizza is to have it with fatty and/or spicy meat, so either bacon or pepperoni. Then you got something special brewing.

There is a secret to all great pineapple pizzas. It's so blindingly obvious once you think about it. It something you put in as the base ingredient in all cooking, it brings all the other flavours together to make something beautiful. Yes, i'm talking about onions. That stuff needs to go in the pizza to bring together the flavours of the cheese, tomato, meat and pineapple. Trust me, it's essential.

There is one more important ingredient, you don't have to do it but I think it's lifts the pizza up to another level. Chilli or Jalapenos. Pineapple and chilli goes beautifully together. I love Chilli which is why I chose it as my footballs future name but unfortunately I had to use the bloody americanised spelling because the name was already taken (whoever you are....f*** you)

So basically for world class pineapple pizza I usually go for smoked bacon, onions and chilli. Seasonings are a must. A sprinkle of salt, ground black pepper goes a long way. I like oregano but i find it a bit too pungent for this and found that thyme works very well as an alternative.

Finally and most importantly for all you cheeseheads, we can't forget the cheese..... I have found that a cheese mix of sorts works surprisingly well with this. Where I'm from you can buy a pre-grated cheese mix of cheddar, mozzarella, red leicester and double gloucester. Perhaps you have something similar.

Now that's how you make a superb pineapple pizza. The heat, the meat and the sweet all in one.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

HOWEVER....

If you pair it with crappy basic ham (a Hawaii) then I can understand why people would think it is underwhelming, even terrible. I'm in that camp...it's awful.

How the pineapple is cut also greatly affects your enjoyment of the pizza. Chunky....not gonna work, thin approximately 3-4mm is the way to go. You need to be using fresh pineapple instead of being lazy and using wet tinned pineapple.

Now, the trick for an excellent pineapple pizza is to have it with fatty and/or spicy meat, so either bacon or pepperoni. Then you got something special brewing.

There is a secret to all great pineapple pizzas. It's so blindingly obvious if you think about it. It something you put in as the base ingredient in all cooking, it brings all the other flavours together to make something beautiful. Yes, it's onions. That stuff needs to go in the pizza to bring together the flavours of the cheese, tomato, meat and pineapple. Trust me, it's essential.

There is one more important ingredient, you don't have to do it but I think it's lifts the pizza up to another level. Chilli or Jalapenos. Pineapple and chilli goes beautifully together. 

So basically for world class pineapple pizza I usually go for smoked bacon, onions and chilli. Seasonings are a must. A sprinkle of salt, ground black pepper goes a long way. I like oregano but i find it a bit too pungent for this and found that thyme works very well as an alternative.

I dated a vegetarian/vegan for awhile (she got more and more stringent with food restrictions as we dated, ugh...I don't care but it's like "so I need to figure out a whole new diet now?" every 6 mos...but our go to while she was still eating dairy was a pizza with pineapple, jalapenos, and green olives - sweet, spicy, and savory. 

14 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

I do wonder if he'll put Gary in more spots to try to get him going. Though at the same time if you can't get off blocks it really doesn't matter where you put him. Gary doesn't have any moves so he needs to play with more intensity. He lost to TEs vs Minnesota multiple times, can't have that happen with that matchup.

4 hours ago, Chili said:

Agreed.  Pineapple with pepperoni and sausage balances the salty and the sweet something lovely.

And let’s be real, even if you don’t like it on your pizza, pineapple isn’t even in the top 5 weirdest ingredients to put on a pizza.  When I first moved to Cali, my friends took me to a pizza place in Larchmont and they ordered pizza with carrots and lettuce and other veggies on it.  Basically a salad on top of a pizza (why not just put that salad in a bowl to eat alongside your pizza??). I went back the next day by myself and ordered a couple slices of pepperoni which was delicious.