Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So my prediction that Randy Ramsey was the surprise guy to make the team looks pretty good right now. Granted he's not special enough that I wouldn't cut him and claim someone if a better option came along.

I mean it's pretty obvious Gute dealt Gilbert to open up Clowney's roster spot. I'm expecting him in Green Bay by morning. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So my prediction that Randy Ramsey was the surprise guy to make the team looks pretty good right now. Granted he's not special enough that I wouldn't cut him and claim someone if a better option came along.

Think he’s got a legit shot. Wouldn’t be upset with him primarily taking ST snaps. OLB might be a tick thin with Z and Gary spelling line snaps so a 5th guy makes me feel a little better 

4 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I'm surprised they got a 7th round pick for Gilbert. He was on the edge of the roster. But I'll take it. 

Probably conditional based on games, snaps, etc.  Possible it ends up being a pick in the late 7th or nothing at all.   Certainly better to get that vs nothing if Gilbert was cut.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So my prediction that Randy Ramsey was the surprise guy to make the team looks pretty good right now.

It does look good PR and for that 5th OLB spot a developmental guy sure makes a lot of sense.
My surprise guy is still out there.
Here he is helping Andrew Luck make a decision about his future in the NFL

giphy.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

It does look good PR and for that 5th OLB spot a developmental guy sure makes a lot of sense.
My surprise guy is still out there.
Here he is helping Andrew Luck make a decision about his future in the NFL

giphy.gif

Damn. Thats some bad tape. Does Mr. 69 still have a job? I mean....its him and nobody else but Perry....and he doesnt even sniff him no less whiff at him.