Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Andy Herman:  Packers have been hesitant to spend money on starting guards — they aren’t paying a backup that type of money. If Jenkins wins the spot I’d expect Taylor to be gone whether I agree with it or not. I definitely understand it, even if the team is worse with Taylor gone.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  Packers have been hesitant to spend money on starting guards — they aren’t paying a backup that type of money. If Jenkins wins the spot I’d expect Taylor to be gone whether I agree with it or not. I definitely understand it, even if the team is worse with Taylor gone.

B|

Andy aint gotta worry though. The Packers wont be worse.

17 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Only question left is whether he'll show up in his Bears jersey or Packers jersey...

I'd take Smokin' Jay as a backup Qb to Rodgers if he'd do it for a couple million.  At least we wouldn't totally be dead in the water if Rodgers is injured.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

13 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Allen was a player I pegged us to grab in the late rounds of last year's draft, took Madison instead. Hits all our measurable requirements and is a former LT moving inside.

Kind of disappointed this guy was released in May and we wasted our time with Coyle instead of bringing him in, think he's got legit potential to be a better version of McCray/Patrick.

Packers News:

Rookie inside linebacker Curtis Bolton seemed to have a spot on the Green Bay Packers' 53-man roster locked up until he injured his right knee Aug. 22 against Oakland. A week later, he said he still doesn’t know whether he’ll be able to play this season. Bolton said he has undergone two MRIs on his knee and both were inconclusive as to whether he had a torn ligament. He is not wearing a brace and was walking without a limp, but he said he wasn’t getting his hopes up too high

Rookie tight end Jace Sternberger came up limping after dropping a pass deep down the middle of the field in the second quarter and was eventually taken to the locker room on a cart. He returned to the sideline in the second half, but the medical staff wouldn’t let him play. “It’s just a little sprain,” he said. “I’ll be fine.”

We can't say too much since Mason Crosby missed a PAT as well, but it's still hilarious to see the Bears losing their minds over their kicking game. Meanwhile in Minnesota, the Vikings have not seen Kaare Vedik lock in the kicking job he was expected to when the team sent a fifth-round pick to Baltimore for him. He went 1-for-2 on Thursday and will probably lose the job to Dan Bailey. 

(Cant say how other teams are faring, but I think it safe to assume that if we cut Crosby he wont be out of a job long. Sure would hate to have him kicking against us. Folks might think him overpaid - fine, I could care less what he gets paid. I think he's still a decent kicker) 

Edited by Leader

54 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

If the Vikings cut Vedvik can we bring him in and let him be the all pro bowler he'll obviously turn into??

Greatest kicker that nobody ever heard of until they read the article attached to that trade.

1 minute ago, Greg C. said:

Yeah, the article made him sound like an all-world kicker AND punter. 

His stats and stuff sounded intriguing don't get me wrong, but it was like all the sudden everyone pretended they knew him since he was in pop Warner