Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

????

i don’t think you understand what he is saying. He wants there to be a scale for bacon like there is for beef: rare, medium, well, etc. That way, you can have it your way, even if you’re a lunatic who likes burnt bacon. 

:)

It's not a difficult concept. Lets not get lost in minutia.

Crispy = well done.

Less than crispy = medium, rare.

Tell your waiter/waitress which you want and (in theory) it'll be cooked that way - although - short order cooks are decidedly NOT chefs and can have a "one size feeds all" approach.

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is probably because.......

I mean that there should be a way for you to tell me how you like your bacon so that you get what you want i.e. rare-well done for burgers or steaks.

50 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

The problem with you yanks is that you cut the bacon way too thin (where I live we usually cut it with a 1/3" tickness). If you have a thicker cut you can have crispy bacon with meat inside that is not crisp.

I don't disagree. That's the only problem though. Other than that were perfect. 'Merica!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

????

i don’t think you understand what he is saying. He wants there to be a scale for bacon like there is for beef: rare, medium, well, etc. That way, you can have it your way, even if you’re a lunatic who likes burnt bacon. 

weeble-weeble, cuckoo, f'tang, f'tang.

Yep, lunatics LOVE crispy bacon. May I also beat the drum for burnt cakes as well. Bow down to carbonisation, King Alfred the Great knew it, maybe that was why he was 'the Great'.

5 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I mean that there should be a way for you to tell me how you like your bacon so that you get what you want i.e. rare-well done for burgers or steaks.

I got it....and while the "rare/medium/well" terminology isnt readily applied to cooking such things like bacon, hot dogs, sausage (and such) - I'm a believer in the spoken word and think a simple: "I'd like it......." would probably do the trick - until or course the short order cook gets the order and pushes it out like everybody else's chow LOL

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like making a pizza for the game tonight.

Canadian bacon with pineapple.  Red sauce.  Fresh Mozz.  Little dabs of whipped cream cheese.  And...crispy bacon.

Careful with the pineapple. There are several members of the 'Never mix pineapple with pizzas'  society, on this board.

(Personally I have no strong feeling either way).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Only thing better than bacon is more bacon.  Just so it's not rubbery on my plate and going oink or be burnt and give me a carbon overload. The more the better.

I actually dont eat it anymore....or rarely. Not because it's fallen out of favor (taste-wise) simply because its gotta have the highest fat content of any of the processed meats sold over the counter and I value the free-flowing arterial system I've developed :)

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Careful with the pineapple. There are several members of the 'Never mix pineapple with pizzas'  society, on this board.

No, no.....freedom of choice is tops.....but that pairing removes the end product from the classification of "pizza."
It becomes: "Dough with things on top"  :)

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

No, no.....freedom of choice is tops.....but that pairing removes the end product from the classification of "pizza."
It becomes: "Dough with things on top"  :)

OMG. Let's shake hands! And I'll even buy you a carbonated mineral water with grain alcohol beverage to celebrate our mutual accord on pizza/not pizza/freedom to choose 'cuz 'Merica.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I don't do it often, but sometimes I crave it.  But...it has to come with a little whipped cream cheese.  

It's pretty amazing.