Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

19 minutes ago, Howler said:

Anybody else read this for entertainment? 

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2019/10/1/20893383/packers-trade-targets-wrs-emmanuel-sanders-aj-green-stefon-diggs-robby-anderson

Diggs is my favorite and unfortunately it would never happen due to the Minnesota wall. Diggs is probably the best pure route runner in the NFL. 

inject this into @Cadmus's veins

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Howler said:

Anybody else read this for entertainment? 

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2019/10/1/20893383/packers-trade-targets-wrs-emmanuel-sanders-aj-green-stefon-diggs-robby-anderson

Diggs is my favorite and unfortunately it would never happen due to the Minnesota wall. Diggs is probably the best pure route runner in the NFL. 

I'd very much be interested in Anderson.  He gave Jaire absolute hell last year, one of the few receivers to do so consistently in a game.  6'3", runs 4.36, crisp in his routes and has a suddenness at 6'3" that reminds me a bit of MVS.  Having Anderson/MVS outside with Adams in the slot would be an absolute hellish nightmare to defend, especially off PA.  Honestly I'm warming to this so much that now I'm disappointed it's not going to happen.  

36 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I'd very much be interested in Anderson

Jets placed 2nd round tender on him, no takers in the offseason.
He's an FA after this year so his trade value would be lower IF they aren't planning on keeping him/ resigning him
Jets are a little tight on cap space right now, only $ 4.4 M to spare

https://overthecap.com/player/robby-anderson/5208/

22 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Jets placed 2nd round tender on him, no takers in the offseason.
He's an FA after this year so his trade value would be lower IF they aren't planning on keeping him/ resigning him
Jets are a little tight on cap space right now, only $ 4.4 M to spare

https://overthecap.com/player/robby-anderson/5208/

Man, honestly feels like it wouldn't take much to get him out of there.  The only real issue is he'd probably take longer to be brought up to speed than the other guys, and to be honest I'm not sure that he's enough of an upgrade over Alison to be worth the cost in terms of picks/money.  I'd still do it though.

12 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Man, honestly feels like it wouldn't take much to get him out of there.  The only real issue is he'd probably take longer to be brought up to speed than the other guys, and to be honest I'm not sure that he's enough of an upgrade over Alison to be worth the cost in terms of picks/money.  I'd still do it though.

If I'm the Jets, I probably want to keep him around for my young QB. Unless I don't think he's very good.

The Athletic:

On QBs who refuse to slide, Brett Favre says: "It can become toxic that every time you run the ball you want to steamroll someone because the fans love it, and two years later you’re beat up and out of football. Now the fans are loving the next guy.”

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

If I'm the Jets, I probably want to keep him around for my young QB. Unless I don't think he's very good.

Isn't Anderson kind of a head case?

Like he may have the personality that you don't want around a young QB.

I really don't know.  Just seems like he's said/done some things in the past that were flat out weird.

That being said...he's like Super GMO.  Large, with quickness.  Very sudden.  

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still early, but there were several here who had mock drafts with GB landing Burns, Savage and McLaurin, and it could have played out that way in the draft as well (Burns (1st A), Savage (1st B), Jenkins (2nd), McLaurin (3rd))

I think the only guys on this list that none of us wanted were Minshew and Jacobs. I was mega high on Winovich/Burns (granted, I'm not sure they would be as productive here without their size, I just wish we had a twitchy player like them with burst to mix in)

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Still early, but there were several here who had mock drafts with GB landing Burns, Savage and McLaurin, and it could have played out that way in the draft as well (Burns (1st A), Savage (1st B), Jenkins (2nd), McLaurin (3rd))

Brian Burns still hurts.  But Gary will make me forget about him next year around this time.