Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

Davante has a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ways before he is Ike Bruce

35 minutes ago, Howler said:

I agree. As much as Davante has progressed, I'm not even sure he's better than peak Jordy or peak Jennings. He is the beneficiary of being funneled the ball in this incarnation of the offense, due to the lack of viable options. Just last year alone, Adams had compiled 169 targets. 

Peak Jordy and Peak Jennings were damn exceptional WRs. 

Saying Adams is only the beneficiary of being targeted a lot is foolish. Adams is a great WR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waterfish_21 said:

Bruce was way more than just a possession guy.  Both Bruce and Holt are HOF candidates, I don't think Adams will be close.  The only thing that Adams does a lot better is in the redzone.  Also stats don't always tell everything.  Bruce had amazing years without a HOF QB as the #1 WR before he played for the greatest show on turf.  Davante has played with a HOF QB his entire career.  

Totally disagree with this.

Adams is definitively on a HOF path and he hasn't always had a HOF QB. In 2017 Mr Hudley was his QB the last ten games, who's an atrocious NFL QB. Adams, somehow, still put up excellent numbers those ten games. That stretch is what turned me in to s full Adams fan boy.

6 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Totally disagree with this.

Adams is definitively on a HOF path and he hasn't always had a HOF QB. In 2017 Mr Hudley was his QB the last ten games, who's an atrocious NFL QB. Adams, somehow, still put up excellent numbers those ten games. That stretch is what turned me in to s full Adams fan boy.

I love love love Davante, but you can't reasonably say this about a guy with one 1,000 yard season and zero All-Pro nods on his resume. There are a ton of receivers playing right now who are on clearer paths than he is — Jones, Hopkins, Thomas, Beckham, et al — not to mention all the retired guys (plus Antonio Brown) who haven't gotten in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I love love love Davante, but you can't reasonably say this about a guy with one 1,000 yard season and zero All-Pro nods on his resume. There are a ton of receivers playing right now who are on clearer paths than he is — Jones, Hopkins, Thomas, Beckham, et al — not to mention all the retired guys (plus Antonio Brown) who haven't gotten in.

No way Brown gets in.  It took TO years before getting the nod and his career was far better than Brown's. Unless Brown gets signed and can string another 4-5 years of great play together. 

5 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

You're just having fun with numbers there. Adams had a year with 997 yards and 12 TDs and that year does't cut mustard for ya?... If does that again the next four years, he's in the HOF.

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don’t think there’s any HOF WRs playing in the NFL right now. 

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Fitz will be 1st ballot. Markt.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Julio Jones well on his way

Michael Thomas is well on his way, too.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Michael Thomas.  4 years in the league.  394 receptions.  4,662 yards.  27 TD's.

Fitz first four years.  330 receptions.  4,544 yards.  34 TD's.

Julios' first four years.  278 receptions.  4,330 yards.  26 TD's.

Thomas is definitely going to have to keep up his production over at least the next 4 seasons in order to touch HOF numbers.