Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

@jasonjwilde asked McCarthy about what he wants from the Packers defense:

"I want the defensive mindset to be better than the offenses. I'm not talking about stats. I'm not talking about knocking the **** out of somebody in practice. I'm not talking about the bull****."

"I want them to come in here everyday and feel like they are leading the team to a championship. I want special teams to do the same thing. I know the offense works that way. so we need to do that as a football team."

McCarthy said new backup QB @deshonekizer will have to learn a new offensive language but so will everyone else. Says he misses the old days of the quarterback school where they could work longer with QBs.

McCarthy said Aaron Rodgers needs to be challenged. He will since they are installing a new playbook. "These will be good changes for him. It will probably be a little frustrating for him at first because the volume is higher than it's been but he's always up for the challenge."

The Packers explored changing their huddle formation. McCarthy said he listened to why they wanted to do it but at the end of it, he said "we are not going to do it." Said Aaron's done it a certain way forever.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

An oldie but a goodie. Guy isn't fair.

Watched that clip and just started grinning from ear to ear.  Remember when Bakh was too light?  Sure is great to see him improve and get that base strength to go with the feet and hands.  Thanks for posting!

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

That's an awesome clip

Bakh = 109th pick of the 2013 draft

There was this guy that lives in St. Louis, his name is Don, or Dave, or something.  He thought that it would be a good move to let Bakh leave in free agency and roll with Jason Spriggs at starting LT.  :$

4 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

There was this guy that lives in St. Louis, his name is Don, or Dave, or something.  He thought that it would be a good move to let Bakh leave in free agency and roll with Jason Spriggs at starting LT.  :$

I heard about that guy, he was a big Chiefs fan.

8 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Crazy to think some people  actually hated his extension. 

People hated it? I was against it, but it was like the Burnett deal.  I felt that there was a capable, cheaper player already on the team and that it was a good business deal.  I was wrong about David B, I hope I am not wrong about Morgan B.  

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

People hated it? I was against it, but it was like the Burnett deal.  I felt that there was a capable, cheaper player already on the team and that it was a good business deal.  I was wrong about David B, I hope I am not wrong about Morgan B.  

Yeah there was one guy in particular over on packerchatters who argued relentlessly that Bakh was mediocre and we paid him a top 5 LT deal. He absolutely refused to eat any crow over it though. Pessimism was his big game. 

8 hours ago, Leader said:

@jasonjwilde asked McCarthy about what he wants from the Packers defense:

"I want the defensive mindset to be better than the offenses. I'm not talking about stats. I'm not talking about knocking the **** out of somebody in practice. I'm not talking about the bull****."

"I want them to come in here everyday and feel like they are leading the team to a championship. I want special teams to do the same thing. I know the offense works that way. so we need to do that as a football team."

McCarthy said new backup QB @deshonekizer will have to learn a new offensive language but so will everyone else. Says he misses the old days of the quarterback school where they could work longer with QBs.

McCarthy said Aaron Rodgers needs to be challenged. He will since they are installing a new playbook. "These will be good changes for him. It will probably be a little frustrating for him at first because the volume is higher than it's been but he's always up for the challenge."

The Packers explored changing their huddle formation. McCarthy said he listened to why they wanted to do it but at the end of it, he said "we are not going to do it." Said Aaron's done it a certain way forever.

If the Packers win another SB within the next 2-3 yrs, we gotta send a thank you note to Anthony Barr. The Rodgers injury was the kick in the butt this org needed to make some wholesale changes and end the complacency that had reigned over the past 5 or so seasons

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

If the Packers win another SB within the next 2-3 yrs, we gotta send a thank you note to Anthony Barr. The Rodgers injury was the kick in the butt this org needed to make some wholesale changes and end the complacency that had reigned over the past 5 or so seasons

No it just revealed Aaron "glass collar bones" Rodgers. I kid I kid, but really that hit just looked like a roll over tackle. I was shocked he broke something there.